Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Problem?...

h1
    You could use NetLimiter to limit connection speed... but you'd have to do this with every single thread.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I signed up at the forum from your link MUSLEMAN.

I wouldn't be surprised if you've heard this a zillion times, but, I'm lucky if I get 80kbs d/l's, more often then not I see everything crawling along at 4/5kbs, and should I be lucky enough to get 50kbs+, it's not long before it drops down to the crappy speed like all the others, since yesterday I've found myself 'jumping supernodes' as much as once a minute.

I've started looking into eMule, this hour in fact, didn't understand something, the readme didn't cover it, so I gave up and went back to KLR, lol.

Long story short, before I start a thread over at the linked forum, any hints or tips?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    lol do this

please do a test,search for van halen?s "right now" and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    OK, sorry to ask but what are 'sources'? I see things like 2 'users', I usually go by bandwidth for what I think will pick upa decent speed, again I still know shit.

But I did a search for what you asked, with a clean traffic and it had a speed of 35kbs, then slowly dropped to around 20-ish kbs.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    h1
    Users are sources.

And it appears that your connection is working properly.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    What makes you say that? Don't get me wrong you know more then I do.

But something don't feel right.... Kazaa seems to throw mixed signals at me, I can 'jump supernodes' till I'm blue in the face....

Would any of you happy chappys be so kind as to reccomend a limited amount of d/l's? Maybe 4 or 5 at a time? Hell has anybody made a dummys guide to Kazaa yet?

Seriously guys, I'll take anything.

BTW thanks so far guys!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Old Fella
    It sounds like everything is working fine but you are having trouble understanding how it works. Seems like you maximum download speed is between 80-120 Kb/s. So the total number of simultaneous downloads will add up to around that figure. If you are getting around that figure then that is normal.

Download speeds also depend on the speed on the connection of the person you are downloading from. If you look at your uploads then you will see the speed is lower than yous (will be at least half, probably more). As a rule your upload speed will be half your download speed.

Have a read through this forum to help get a better understanding of how it works.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    h1
    OK, go here and tell us what you see.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 133731@27 March 2004 - 14:26
    OK, sorry to ask but what are 'sources'? I see things like 2 'users', I usually go by bandwidth for what I think will pick upa decent speed, again I still know shit.

But I did a search for what you asked, with a clean traffic and it had a speed of 35kbs, then slowly dropped to around 20-ish kbs.
    well then seems ok, don't go by bandwidth but look for a lot of users

if there are no connectable users then there is nothing you can do

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Cyril@27 March 2004 - 20:19
    As a rule your upload speed will be half your download speed.
    Or actually worse -- it's not uncommon to only have 1/4th (or LESS) as much upload speed as download speed.

Even if you can download at 150+ KB/sec, you probably cannot upload faster than 30 KB/sec. If you can, you're really lucky and probably paying quite a bit for your internet connection ...or SOMEONE ELSE is!

And since almost everyone's connection is that way, the average overall download speeds is no more than the average upload speeds.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast