View Poll Results: Should we have a Senior club?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

36 54.55%
  • No!

19 28.79%
  • Why?

11 16.67%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: People That Will Be Involved For Big Decissions

BANNED
    Whatever the "senators" will do it will only be an advising role, in the en the decissions always will ly with the team and the final one with the admins. It's merely just an idea to start some sort of democracy on the board!

As long as we can elect these people.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Poster
    Originally posted by kAb@26 March 2004 - 01:53
    Yeah, maybe our opinions would be considered then.
    it also means auto dismissal of most members views
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    TRshady
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a small, friendly forum like this whole board used to be?
    No.

After reading more posts and opinions, although voting No ... I wouldn't mind at this stage and perhaps it would be a good thing.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TRshady@26 March 2004 - 17:55
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a small, friendly forum like this whole board used to be?
    No.

After reading more posts and opinions, although voting No ... I wouldn't mind at this stage and perhaps it would be a good thing.
    You are the sort of person that got Bush elected!!

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    TRshady
    and your the kinda person I sit trying to figure out what the hell they mean ... then give up, nod my head and smile before moving on.

Seriously though .... I think having more people working to bring ideas and make decisions .. it would be a better place. Then again .. why cant we all put opinions forward and say what we think to make changes ....

I should just leave here and im kinda confused

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    BANNED
    but who will be these people thats the problem

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    TRshady
    They would all be elected ... not taking post count into consideration not popularity. Though you are right .. in that people would have similar feelins as the moderators getting chosen. No easy way around it .. but in the long run .. im sur it'd help .....

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by REALITY+26 March 2004 - 02:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY &#064; 26 March 2004 - 02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@25 March 2004 - 22:53
    I do however like the idea of a &#39;Seniors&#39; group.&nbsp; I think if you&#39;ve been here for a long time and contirbute regularly, you should have special access to a private forum area.&nbsp; And it&#39;s not because I have any problem with any of the newbies, it&#39;s just that there are too many of them, and a lot of them come and go.&nbsp; Wouldn&#39;t it be nice to have a small, friendly forum like this whole board used to be?&nbsp; If nothing else, at least you&#39;d have a forum where people don&#39;t start the same old topics every other day.
    Yuk, more diluted ideas, haven&#39;t we learned anything yet, we must be a community again, as one...[/b][/quote]
    But there is no community here. Just thousands of people spouting off whatever comes into their minds. What would be so bad about having a smaller &#39;neighborhood&#39; where you could have a real conversation?

Some people are just worried about being &#39;left out&#39;.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    WTF are you on and if you think there is no community then why have a private forum. As an example if someone in that private forum gave you a great idea in a post then it would stand to reason that nobody outside that private forum might benifit. Then perhaps many of us might migrate to this private forum leaving the other hallowed.

The whole reason I am here is because of the fact that this is a community, that has unfortuattly become slightly diluted due to many factors such as the demise of KL and so forth. If you want to become a little more private with the some of the long time members here then I suggest you join SoulSeek or FastTracker, their both in my sig...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@26 March 2004 - 16:23
    I thought we already had such a group of decision makers... called Moderators.&nbsp; I think if you threw more people into the mix it would just create more controversy and nothing would ever get done.
    I couldn&#39;t agree more.

The bigger the commitee, the more folks argue and the less things get done.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast