Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pc Problems

Ok I have been having this problem with my pc. It restarts evertime I play games(new/old), use my burning programs, somtime when windows starts the windows sounds do it to. I took it in to thr Doc and he sayed that I need a new power supply he did it and now it works but still fucks up when I play Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory and use ares. I got thinking that it maybe my prosseser so I got a fan blowing on my side of my pc and it works all good now as long as i got the fan on. so can I buy a fan for the pc like a CPU fan or a processer fan?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    did you overclock your pc

check your running temps to see if its getting hot

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    No i never overclocked the processer. Im running a AMD duron 1.2gig they run a bit hot. Oh ya I got one otherthing to ask I have 2 64mb pc 100 and 1 256mb pc 133 should I have nothing but pc 133 or is the pc 100 ok?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    What version of Windows are you running?

WinXP will restart rather easily as system resources get spent.

A fan is a fan. I mean while there are different fan sizes and speeds, there isn't a fan specifically for processors. Use the biggest you can get to fit. Overheating can cause the same symptom.

That truly is the crux of your situation. Your symptom is merely a reaction to a problem. Meaning, this can occur for a variety of reasons.

If you are running WinXP you can change the way Windows reacts. Open the "systems properties" dialog box by right clicking "My PC' and selecting "properties." Click the "Advanced" tab > click the "settings" under "Startup and Recovery." Under "System failure," untick "Automatically Restart."

This will cause Windows to display an error message(instead of restarting) when something like this happens again. Although I cannot help you with the answers at that point.

Good luck..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    No im old school Im still using win98se

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try motherboard monitor 5, u can find it searching google quiet easily. that will tell you the board and cpu temps.

post them hear, well tell u if they are good or bad.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I did not use motherboard monitor 5. I have gigabite easytune 4, So I used it instead. System - 32 c/89 f, 0 rpm CPU A - 56 c/132 f, 5649 rpm. It tells me the voltage UCORE A - +1.720v, +33v - +3.410v, +5v - +4.880v, +12v - +12.540 im not sure what this means but it was there so I wrote it down.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 8ball@25 March 2004 - 22:18
    I did not use motherboard monitor 5. I have gigabite easytune 4, So I used it instead. System - 32 c/89 f, 0 rpm CPU A - 56 c/132 f, 5649 rpm. It tells me the voltage UCORE A - +1.720v, +33v - +3.410v, +5v - +4.880v, +12v - +12.540 im not sure what this means but it was there so I wrote it down.
    those last numbers are the voltages...they arent teh best but they're okay. the cpu temp is kinda on the high end, but not so hot that it would cause the whole system to lock up. you can try adding more fans to teh case to make it run a bit cooler and should also look into buying some arctic solver 5 thermal compound. you remove the heatsync and take the thermal pad off of the cpu and heatsync using rubbing alcohol, then apply a thin layer of arctic silver 5 to the cpu and put on the heatsync again and it will help to drop ur temps by a few degrees.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    When I took my pc to the Doc he took off my old healsinks and put these new ones in that where much bigger and better looking with copper and somthing and 1 dual layered fan. thats all i got for fans.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    wt video card u using?

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast