Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Back My P3 System :)

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    back in like november i made a post that I was looking for a good videocard and case for a P3 450mhz system i was building. well i didnt have teh funds to build it so i decided to get my aunt to buy the parts and i build her it and give it to her when i was done. here are the specs:

asus p28.f motherboard
    pentium 3 450mhz OC to 550mhz
    256mb pc133 sdram
    geforce fx5200 128mb (she got it for free from a friend, not sure why though )
    cd-rw drive, 32x20x40x (i think those are the specs)
    250watt psu
    ugly cheap case
    soundblaster live! 5.1 soundcard
    10gb maxtor hard drive.

well she was having problems with it freezing and im guessing it was becuase of the oc so i decided to add some arctic silver 5 to the proccessor. thatts why i posted on how to remove the heatsync about a week ago.

finally she decided it wasnt fast enough for her and she wants a whole new computer. she is going to give me the money for all of the parts and she is paying me with the old computer

so what u guys think about my new stuff? not too good but still, now my dad has a computer to play his combat flight simulator 98 on and he will finally not ahve to use mine anymore

obviously the 5200 and the 5.1 card will be coming over to my computer though . maybe even the burner.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You lucky bugger

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss@25 March 2004 - 23:00
    You lucky bugger
    yup! ill have fun building it.

gotta wait a few weeks though until all of the parts come to her house, im ordering them this weekend with her when i go over .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Sounds good. I think you should bring it back down to stock speeds to make it stable again. Why bother trying to make it faster. You won't notice much difference anyway because even overclocked will feel slow by todays standards.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ya keep as a backup or for testing, hardware ,memory, harddrives ,video cards or just use it for what ever B),,

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@25 March 2004 - 23:06
    Sounds good. I think you should bring it back down to stock speeds to make it stable again. Why bother trying to make it faster. You won't notice much difference anyway because even overclocked will feel slow by todays standards.
    i probably will, you'd be surprised how good it runs. its actually quiet fast, runs better than my friends xp2000+ does lol. his is badly configured, mine are goodly configured . starts in around 30 seconds.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss@25 March 2004 - 23:07
    Ya keep as a backup or for testing, hardware ,memory, harddrives ,video cards or just use it for what ever B),,
    no im giving it to my dad because i dont want him to use my computer anymore. he messes up my room and its annoying lol.

besides, i have a 133mhz pentium computer which i am making into a file server as soon as my dad buys me a hard drive for it. no big rush. and i have a athlon xp 2000+ and a mobo set up in my dresser, the processor is totally fried and the mobo is partially fried (that was the one i attached into my case without the spacers, it was a good show lol) i use it to test my fans before they go into my case.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I love it YOUR dad messes up your room? Good for you enjoy!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    If i were you, I'd just turn it into "The Emulator", just fill it with emulators and roms and have every system possible on one pc! that's what i'd do with an old pc....
    I have an old one, but i'm workin on makin it into a dedicated server for cs, but my next old one i come accross is gonna be "The Emulator"!!
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@25 March 2004 - 23:27
    If i were you, I'd just turn it into "The Emulator", just fill it with emulators and roms and have every system possible on one pc! that's what i'd do with an old pc....
    I have an old one, but i'm workin on makin it into a dedicated server for cs, but my next old one i come accross is gonna be "The Emulator"!!
    i could just do that with my computer...

ooh and i get a svideo-to-rca adaptor so i can finally use my computer on the tv in my room yay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast