Thread: Power Failure, Files Gone?

i was trying to dl a 560 meg bin file and had about 20 megs left. the power went out and stopped all transfers of course. when i turned kazaa back on to resume dling the dat file was gone. i checked prior to turning kazaa on and the file was there. but gone when resumed. any ideas? i realize this file is gone but i would like to know what caused it to disappear so as to not have to restart dl if i stop them.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    crashing and things of that nature will corrupt the dat files and klite deletes corrupt dat files

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    h1
    Try data recovery software like EnCase, but since the file was being written to at the moment of the failure, I doubt you'll get anything.

Get an IPS system or at least a mini-generator with enough power to give you five seconds of delay.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    very good haxor also i forgot to mention, please start backing up your dat files for this reason

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    due to slow dl speed i had left kazaa on all night. power went of during that time. no power back up (allready have 1 ty) will help me when i'm asleep. B)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by need a medic@25 March 2004 - 23:47
    due to slow dl speed i had left kazaa on all night. power went of during that time. no power back up (allready have 1 ty) will help me when i'm asleep. B)
    i totally understand boss and its not your fault, just back them up next time before you to to bed.

we all leave it on when we go to bed