Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Gettin'....

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    perhaps due to your ignortant view of films and the strong hatered u have towards something that actually challenges your mind
    no offense, but LMFAO

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by Barky@31 March 2004 - 07:55
    perhaps due to your ignortant view of films and the strong hatered u have towards something that actually challenges your mind
    no offense, but LMFAO
    omfg did i misspell two words? How dare I? i mean blind typing while carrying convo&#39;s with about 11 ppl, you&#39;d think i&#39;d get everything right, wouldn&#39;t ya?

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    - Nightmare -'s Avatar Arch-angel
    I probably will get it a while after it&#39;s released or maybe borrow it from my friend first.

It is time...

...for the end to be stopped.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Originally posted by Tetsujn+1 April 2004 - 06:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tetsujn &#064; 1 April 2004 - 06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Barky@31 March 2004 - 07:55
    no offense, but LMFAO
    omfg did i misspell two words? How dare I? i mean blind typing while carrying convo&#39;s with about 11 ppl, you&#39;d think i&#39;d get everything right, wouldn&#39;t ya? [/b][/quote]
    hmm yea, funny statement too

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    I know you guys are REALLY gonna hate me for saying this.......

but........

I have to buy the full screen version. The reason is my broke ass cant afford a Widescreen HDTV, and when you have a full frame tv like I do, the Widescreen black bars are much bigger. I know, I know.....Widescreen shows more of what the Director intended to show the audience, but a Widescreen DVD on a full screen TV doesn&#39;t match; the bars are just annoying as fuck. Full Screen aint all that bad.....but those who disagree (and many of you will....I assume) will probably flame the shit out of me....but all it is to me is a movie, nothing more, and I would give a shit less if Im missing like 20 or 30 % of the film.....IF I had a Widescreen TV, then I wouldnt have to type all this.
    I just had to get this off my chest; dont question me why I posted this.

Who else is brave enough to say they will get the Full Screen version....or to many of you its "Fool Screen"....

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Poster
    Actually i have the full screen (first disc only) and, suprisingly enough, it&#39;s not half bad. Infact I&#39;d go as far as saying its awesome. get it definetly. theres not much of a difference when it comes to this film.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Finally...someone who agrees with me.

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I think it&#39;s a rip that any movie company doesn&#39;t put out both versions in the same package.

That was one of the basic points of the DVD media when the consumer was being sold on it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Yeah....the industry basically screws us over when it comes to these things.

Many people that dont surf the net are probably unaware that there is going to be a Boxset for the films coming out soon, but the only reason it wont be announced to the mainstream public yet is becasue they want everyone to buy Revolutions first so they can have more &#036;&#036;&#036;. When they have a substantial amout, THEN they&#39;ll announce the Boxset to the mainstream public....Joel Silver is a really greedy bastard. Anyways, I hate it when the industry doesnt follow the example of the Finding Nemo, Monsters INC. and Ice Age DVDs, which have both Full Screen and Widescreen formats, that way, everyone is happy. But no, all the industry wants is our hard earned cash.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Originally posted by Busyman@1 April 2004 - 20:37
    I think it&#39;s a rip that any movie company doesn&#39;t put out both versions in the same package.

That was one of the basic points of the DVD media when the consumer was being sold on it.
    if you have a widescreen tv and you buy a widescreen dvd, would you prefer that the 16:9 version of the movie have the bitrate maxed out so you see as little digital noise & as much detail as possible... or do you wanna settle for half of that bitrate in order to accomadate a 4:3 version on the same disc? either that, or you get a two-disc set with a 16:9 version & a 4:3 version on separate discs, then it has very few/brief extra features (see artisan&#39;s special editions of "reservoir dogs" and "the running man"). i&#39;d much rather get a 16:9 version and significant extras, rather than two versions and a couple of trailers.

prolly the only thing i can say in favor of fullscreen versions is that in videos of older movies, the fullscreen version often shows more of the film than the widescreen version because they shot the movie on 4:3 film and then matted the top & bottom during projection to create a widescreen image. on vhs, tv and fullscreen dvds, some movies are cropped on all four sides sides (a lot off the top & bottom + a little off the sides), and some of them are actually "open matte" (full frame). due to sloppy labelling by video companies, the only way you can really tell whether a fullscreen version is either pan&scanned or full frame is to compare it side-by-side with the widescreen version and see if it contains more or less of the negative.

usually the extra area in the open matte version doesn&#39;t have much important content in it. but if you&#39;re a nut for details and you wanna see every single thing that exists on the original negative, open matte versions are kinda interesting. stanley kubrick is the only director i know of, who insisted that most of his movies not be matted for home video... so that&#39;s why "the shining," "a clockwork orange," "full metal jacket," etc are only available in open matte versions (not how they were shown in theaters).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast