Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Degrees In Uk

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Ok I need to know what degree my diploma equals.

I have a highschool ASO degree with 4 languages and economics as majors. It's basically what you need to get into university in Belgium, with that I have an additional bookkeeping degree.

Anyone know?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Originally posted by Skweeky@26 March 2004 - 11:43
    Ok I need to know what degree my diploma equals.

I have a highschool ASO degree with 4 languages and economics as majors. It's basically what you need to get into university in Belgium, with that I have an additional bookkeeping degree.

Anyone know?
    In the UK, A Levels are the standard exams for university entrance, which are usually taken at the age of 18. Each student usually takes 3 or 4 subjects, and the grades they achieve determine whether they are accepted into their preferred university.

So I would assume your diploma is roughly equal to A Levels.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    *Grunt*
    A levals will get you into a Bachelor of arts/science/honours degree, after that a masters or PHD.
    If no A levals an HND

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    You are however in Scotland, so please ignore our colleagues who assume the UK = Engerland

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    If you're looking to get into University in this country then you can either just apply and back yourself up with relevant information (like your qualifactions, even though they are not from this country they prove you have applied yourself academically) or you can take an access course like I did.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    No, it's not for getting into uni. Just needed to know what the equivalent of it is here.

Thanks

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skweeky@27 March 2004 - 00:05
    No, it's not for getting into uni. Just needed to know what the equivalent of it is here.

Thanks
    I have checked, your qualifications are the equivelant of a City and Guilds in bricklaying.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    That's odd, I never really was good at that

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I think the only way your going to find out, is to contact the University and ask what they're worth there.

I suspect that you may get credit towards a degree with them as they are, i believe, at a higher level than A'Level...probably somewhere between OND and HND.

When you get a reply from the university, then you will be able to compare them to UK qualifications for jobhunting etc.

I would suggest contacting more than 1 University too... as they may treat them differently, and if its Jobhunting you want them for...the more credit a University would offer, the better.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by J'Pol@26 March 2004 - 23:10
    I have checked, your qualifications are the equivelant of a City and Guilds in bricklaying.
    That just means a couple of drinks and your awa.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast