Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Sucks

ARRRG matey me thinks that what ever type of music you listen to SUCKS!! arrrg pop be alright with me and millions upon millions of countless listeners ! arrrg you be in the minority so back into the hold with ye! .

2. Music   -   #12
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I think that musical tastes are slowly changing towards real artists
    I only wish that were true *sigh*. Maybe it is true in the US, but here in Britain the music we see in the charts and on TV is getting worse and worse. Of course there is some good music that gets through, and there always will be, but the vast majority is pure manufactured, formulaic pop music. I went into a record shop the other day and looked at the singles (not that I buy singles), and 4 of the top 10 singles were by people who had been in Popstars/ Pop Idol etc.

The album charts have always been a little better, but thats because the real music fans tend to buy albums. As for the singles chart, the record companies have given up on music fans, and are now wrenching money from the pockets of 11 and 12 year olds, who are convinced to part with their money due to heavy radio rotation, flashy videos filled with bright colours, and the faint whiff of sex in the lyrics and images.

It is like Coca Cola and McDonalds sponsoring school dinner halls, and it is disgraceful.

3. Music   -   #13
    Originally posted by daveyjones@10 March 2003 - 20:29
    ARRRG matey me thinks that what ever type of music you listen to SUCKS!! arrrg pop be alright with me and millions upon millions of countless listeners ! arrrg you be in the minority so back into the hold with ye! .
    Why are you speaking like a sea captain when you have the name of the lead singer of the monkeys

4. Music   -   #14
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    thats what you've got to look at-music fans dont buy singles cos they already own the album. Album charts are always a good indication to what music is being bought.
    I'm from the UK and youre right there still is a loada poopy crap about but slowly,imo, tastes are changing.
    Leave micky dees outta this or I'll set ronald on to you!

5. Music   -   #15
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Leave micky dees outta this or I'll set ronald on to you!
    McDonald's sucks! Give me an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger with mayonnaise, lettuce and onions any day! Plus BK chips are sooo much better!

But yeah you're right, it just infuriates me now how record companies have turned to so much younger children to earn their $s or £s.

6. Music   -   #16
    Originally posted by Creeping Death@10 March 2003 - 19:12
    umm guys pop just sucks... it really, really sucks... face it... ok, so there are some hot chicks, but theres no denying the fact that the actual music is horrible
    I totally agree with you man,POP is SHIT!!

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    Some pop music is alright! Like........ erm........ er........ well........

8. Music   -   #18
    first off it doesnt totally suck but im not a big fan of it. some of music is shity cuz of ppl like britney spears and christina but some ppl are good in pop.

9. Music   -   #19
    POP can kiss my rosy cheeks !!
    What's with pop idol ?
    That is the biggest pile of poop that ever has been !!
    How can they be called idols ?
    Idols are around for ages...not like these one hit wonder merchants...
    Cheeky girls can slap my arse !!

10. Music   -   #20
    Poster
    Yea Eminem sucks and all the other radio pop faggots.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast