• No, can we do it now

15 19.23%
  • Man, Post count/stars who cares

36 46.15%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you be bothered if post counts and the stars

Originally posted by Withcheese@26 March 2004 - 14:24
    Poll Request

Would you be bothered if post counts and the stars were abolished completely?

Yes?

No?

Not fussed.
    Don't know much about the stars, but I would survive whatever
    happened to them

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Up until I came along and posted here, all contributors to this topic have 5 stars and 1000+ posts,
    and not one person says they care about them.

But please, tell me..

How did you 5 star guys feel when you made your first 1000th post and attained the final 2 stars?

Don't tell me it meant nothing whatsoever to you at the time.

Now, I've been a member of this forum for slghtly over 1 year, and surfed here as a guest for about 3 months before that.
    Most of the time, I've resisted posting spam just for the sake of stars.

I've been looking forward to attaining my golden one thousandth post.
    Seeing 5 stars sitting under my avater would be nice too.
    It's been a long stretch with just the three I have now...

As of this little rant, I have made 906 posts.
    All I ask is if stars and postcounts are to be removed, please wait until I've made another 94 posts before acting.

Then I promise I'll stop caring about them too, just like you senior guys have.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I voted who cares. Really wtf do stars mean???

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Originally posted by uNz[i
    ,26 March 2004 - 12:02] But please, tell me..

How did you 5 star guys feel when you made your first 1000th post and attained the final 2 stars?
    Always liked them and still do, I think some of us think they're just being givin away too easily these days, though I don't really care much how somebody gets them. The whole Lounge issue is alreay done and there is no going backwards I imagine...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Yes I would be bothered a bit.
    Not that it means everything to me,but I think it's a nice extra.
    I'm not trying to get my posts up with making useless posts but I'ld like to see my 3stars change to 5stars eventually...
    Why?....I dunno ...maybe because it's some kind of recognition fo being a regular,dedicated,member(something like that).

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I was quite happy when I got my 5-stars it was nice, but I never felt that I was posting just to get there...(well maybe when I got to 996 I was desperate to post something but that's understandable&#33

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    BANNED
    this place will never die and has always been the same. I think everyone is getting freaked out over nothing

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    LOL, I don't care and voted get rid of them(again). It took me more then a year to get it I think, and I was one of the original and very regular posters.

It actually meant something to get it back then simply because the spam level was very low comparitively. This meant when you got it, you were usually being constructive when you did it. Now it seems as if 30% of the posts are and flames. Who needs it?

If everyone had your attitude about posting, then this would never be brought up and spam would be under control. As it is, F.C. is right. This has been discussed/argued about many times and the spammers/flamers always win out in the end.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    BANNED
    the stars should only be used for mod, admins, and jr. mods if we get them

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@26 March 2004 - 21:41
    LOL, I don't care and voted get rid of them(again). It took me more then a year to get it I think, and I was one of the original and very regular posters.

It actually meant something to get it back then simply because the spam level was very low comparitively. This meant when you got it, you were usually being constructive when you did it. Now it seems as if 30% of the posts are and flames. Who needs it?

If everyone had your attitude about posting, then this would never be brought up and spam would be under control. As it is, F.C. is right. This has been discussed/argued about many times and the spammers/flamers always win out in the end.

TD
    Please can you explain my "attitude" to posting? I'm a little confused as to what you mean.

Also I'd like to point out that I didn't start this thread with the intention of personal attacks, I am genuinely interested in people's opinions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast