Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sr. Members

BANNED
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say something. Nowadays with postcount enabled in the lounge, so many people have been going there just to bable on to get 5 stars, in fact many people that I see (excluding big boab and the like) have more posts in the lounge than anywhere else, and not to mention that the lounge has 200,000+ replys. That is enough replies to give 200 members 5 stars. so my idea is to become a sr. member you must have the following criterea:

1) Your main post % cannot be in the lounge. Many people go there just to gian postcount (I do know that some people truly like it there, and so after very careful inspection they can be deemed sr.Member)

2) you should be helpful in all sections of the board, and make sure that noobies don't break the rules.

3) you should show respect to all members and do not consider yourself higher than someone else just because of your postcount. (Remember: quality is better than quantity)

After you have gotten 1,000+ posts, you will be verified by a moderator who then decides if you should be promoted to sr.Member status. When in sr.Member status, those people who were carefully reviewed and deemed "helpful to the board" will have the following abilities:

1)be able to make polls.

2) may close a topic deemed as "against the rules" of that forum

3) Will have 5 stars and be demmed a sr.Member

4) May be able to pin inportant topics in one section only, depending on what section that you choose to look after (the place where you post the most)

5) Please post what else you think (or is this enough?) that sr. Members should have, (or not have)

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    No what would be a helluva lot simpler would be to get rid of post counts, let the mods do their job (which they do well) and stop dissing the lounge.

How the feck do you determine what is helpful to the board or not, remember this point before post counts counted in the lounge people spammed the other world just to get their stars. Are they truly senior member?

I judge my fellow members on their posts, always have done always will do. People who had five stars when I arrived here have had to prove themselves to me, and this is how it should be.

This is soooooo old now.

Ban teh post count.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Why are so many people worried about post counts? It's just a f*cking number!

Don't you have more important things to worry about? Like homework?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@26 March 2004 - 22:17
    Why are so many people worried about post counts? It's just a f*cking number!

Don't you have more important things to worry about? Like homework?
    I expect to see you voting for ban teh post count then.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BANNED
    Sr.Member status would be given out to member who are deemed "helpful". People in the lounge can be deemed helpful too, If they show it where it counts. Becoming sr. should be a privelige not a right, it is too easy to get 1,000 posts, but it is not so easy to make most of them count helpfully.

btw, I was juged once because "I have too little posts in a year" Why should I have 2,000 posts if their all one-worders or they make no sense?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    BANNED
    postcount doesnt matter, but if you are helpful, then you should be deemed something worthwhile.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Did i here count.

I actually thought people who posted in the lounge liked it in the lounge i know i do.As for the post count i`m not that bothered just give me the five stars.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Why don't you change your sig for a start?

How's that for 'Senior Member Status'?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    my sig is not over that limit though

10. Lounge   -   #10
    jetje's Avatar former star
    If you come around longer here, you'll know who "the seniors" are and who aren't.
    There are plenty of people that have posted most of their posts in the lounge that deserves "seniority" in my eyes..

Originally posted by jetje's profile
    Total Cumulative Posts 3,492
    ( 0.44% of total forum posts )
    Posts per day 6.4
    Joined 30 September 2002
    Most active in Lounge - 1129 posts in this forum
    ( 31% of this member's active posts )
    guess by what you suggested i won't fit in that "seniority" either

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast