Thread: Referrer Link Giving Intentions Away?

Poster
    I regularly use NFO News for checking on new releases, and this morning I was just thinking about some of the links on there...

Under each of the sections (music, videos, etc) there are links to websites for selected releases (e.g. a link to the developers of a game which is on newsgroups). If you click on the link, you get taken to their site, but does this mean they can check the referrer link for you getting to their page and see that you've come from NFO News? I know that it's not illegal to view a site like NFO News, but with the recent decline of SR, perhaps NFO News could do with the least publicity possible...

Would it be a good idea to open up a new browser window and paste the link into there, rather than visiting the link directly?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    Yes.