Thread: Racing Fans

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Live For Speed

http://lfs.racesimcentral.com/

from site:
    What is Live for Speed?
    (Answer: Sophisticated and competitive racing - or just for fun)

Live for Speed is a small development team dedicated to making the best online racing simulator. We currently have two versions available, Live for Speed Demo and Live for Speed S1 with which we attempt to recreate the thrill and fun of real racing, by simulating all aspects important to racing. Varying racing environments and cars which can be setup by an abundance of options - all on your home pc.

So what will you find in LFS S1? The DEMO contains 3 cars and one racing environment that has both a road and rallycross course, available in both directions. The cars available are a front wheel drive hatchback, and one rear wheel drive car which is also available in a turbo version.
    The FULL version, adds two more racing environments (South City set in England and Fern Bay set in Jamaica), a big test area and 5 more cars - The test area contains many configurations; a skidpad and an autocross area, including an editor to create your own autocross tracks.

There is a lot of community activity. Our forum has become the centre of communication for the community and has become a huge resource of information, help and additional downloads for the game. But it doesn't stop at our forum, localised communities have sprung up all over the world.
    Leagues are being run on nearly every continent, varying from endurance up to sprint races. All your actions online are recorded on the website and for the offline side we have the hotlap charts.

Do you want to try LFS S1? You can download the DEMO which, is available free to everyone, and has no time limits or restrictions to the game itself, but does not have all the contents of the FULL version. The FULL version can be unlocked when you have purchased an S1 license via our site.
    now my review..

i am like an addict to this game its like the only game i play....

and no i dont go around the laps we drag race.... im on like the best drag racing teams and stuff

the game is sweet if u like realistic racing games...

i play the demo ofcourse there is no crack or anything for it yet but i dont want anyone to make a crack because it is soo worth paying for it....

im going to buy it soon but demo is soooooooooooooooo fun

Screenshots are on the site....

u hav to download the demo and try it!
    its only 50megs....dont be lazy...

and come to my server i lve it on 24/7 its called "<5.0>Dragserver--no n00bs--"
    hope u guyz like it

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    I can&#39;t get it working. Downloaded the demo and patch, when i try and start it, I get the "LFS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error in XP.

XP Home SP1
    athlon 2700
    asus a7n8x
    tyan radeon 9600 pro
    512MB ram

etc...

Any advice?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Games   -   #3
    i have no idea...

do u hav dx9 and drivers are updated and evrything...

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@28 March 2004 - 12:55
    i have no idea...

do u hav dx9 and drivers are updated and evrything...
    Yeah
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Games   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Looks ok.

I&#39;m downloading the demo now. Don&#39;t forget there&#39;s an update for the demo, and also an add-on pack for the demo as well.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@28 March 2004 - 14:41
    Looks ok.

I&#39;m downloading the demo now. Don&#39;t forget there&#39;s an update for the demo, and also an add-on pack for the demo as well.
    Yeah, none of them worked, I&#39;ve started a post on their forum here

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Games   -   #7
    oh one more thing if ur gona do drag racing dont update to the new patch cuz the steering with keyboard is harder so all the drag racing servers are in the old normal S1E

my server is in there too

My Blog
    I'm still here.