Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Easy Is It To...

Poster
    How easy would it be to get the IP of a specific user if said user is only running say, a newsgroup program, not using any instant messengers, or filesharing programs etc...?

This is not intended as a hacking discussion, nor do I want any details of the procedure necessary posted. I just want an informed user (or users) to post if it's possible to get the IP of a specific person and if so, how long it would take?

Thanks in advance
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    so you mean, just finding out his ip?

Ip sniffer or something similar

IP Sniffer is a powerful IP tool. It can convert between IP address and domain/host name, ping IP address and find out which country the internet IP address belongs to .It is certain that all of them could be in batch.

The data which will be operated can be inputted directly, imported from txt file and automatically created as well as be edited easily before being operated.

The result date can be exported to txt file, generated htm report and edited easily, too .

Featured functions: IP Sniffer can convert all IP addresses of some domains which used muti-IP addresses.(for example: 'www.yahoo.com'). In general, it's a powerful and easy-operating IP tool.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by bulio@27 March 2004 - 21:50
    so you mean, just finding out his ip?

Ip sniffer or something similar

IP Sniffer is a powerful IP tool. It can convert between IP address and domain/host name, ping IP address and find out which country the internet IP address belongs to .It is certain that all of them could be in batch.

The data which will be operated can be inputted directly, imported from txt file and automatically created as well as be edited easily before being operated.

The result date can be exported to txt file, generated htm report and edited easily, too .

Featured functions: IP Sniffer can convert all IP addresses of some domains which used muti-IP addresses.(for example: 'www.yahoo.com'). In general, it's a powerful and easy-operating IP tool.
    No, I mean to actually find out the ip, not to whois it
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    oh, try googling then, i'll keep looking too

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by bulio@27 March 2004 - 22:03
    oh, try googling then, i'll keep looking too
    I don't actually want to do it...I was just having a debate with a friend about how possible it was...

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Iremember some people on this board having -little banners in their sigs-which stted your ip number and location - could be something with that
    jamezbondrules had it
    would like to know also

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    those sig's show your stats to you and other ppl's stats to them, -you can't see another person's ip

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Best bet -if you have linux

Xtraceroute is a graphical version of the traceroute program, which traces the route your IP packets travel to their destination. You can zoom, rotate, and move the globe around.

Fun to ticker with, it also does some serious tracerouting.

*creds to shn who posted this originally in linux world B) **

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    h1
    All of you are going way OT. With just a newsgroups program running, you would need to be the op to find out your IP... and of course the op is at your ISP (or newsgroups server), so they know your IP already.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@28 March 2004 - 00:52
    All of you are going way OT. With just a newsgroups program running, you would need to be the op to find out your IP... and of course the op is at your ISP (or newsgroups server), so they know your IP already.
    Thank you...that's what I was saying to him. He said that finding a person's IP was "the easiest thing in the world", so I said how would he get it if I just had newsgroups running. He said it would still be possible

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast