Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Organize Your Music?

TRshady
    Whats wrong with Eminem?
    Yeah? .... well rock sucks .. screaming suicidial dudes with a record deal! ...
    Rap forever .. rap rawks my sawks .. ... rock is crap without the rock and with the c-r-a-p!

, nah ... but seriously ... Im an Eminem .. making me feel bad here, lol.
    Mine are in folders of artist, and in the folder, is another folder for each album

2. Music   -   #12
    Being a SS user I try to have all my music organised very neatly.

I have 3 main folders
    • Full Albums
    • Movies OST's
    • Various

The Full Albums folder is full of folders with the Artist or Band Name, which in turn has an individual folder for every album I have under that artist or band.

Movie OST's is exactly what it says its full of folders named for example like so "Smallville Soundtrack (OST)"

The Various folder is just random tracks which I like.

All my full albums and OST's should have an AMG review as well as a folder.jpg which contains the album cover only.

3. Music   -   #13
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i have one big folder with everything named nicely. and if i have a whole album downloaded it'll be in a folder, in the folder with everything.

one day i really need to go back through and strictly re-name everything. :music1:

4. Music   -   #14
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=Dark Ride,30 March 2004 - 00:38]
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai,28 March 2004 - 16:00
    + My Music
    Are you female or gay ... or both

You have a bad music-taste

Actually i think its you that have a bad music taste. i agree rock [especially punk rock] is just a bunch of wanna be's who put random shit together to just get some publicity, and just wanna get some attention. I agree that there are some rock stars who put some good work into their music, such as linkin park because they ACTUALLY put their mind into it, and spend a good time writing their song. PS , Eminem R0ck5, and Dre, Tupac, Etc.!!!!

5. Music   -   #15
    god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 03:04
    Whats wrong with Eminem?
    Yeah? .... well rock sucks .. screaming suicidial dudes with a record deal! ...
    Rap forever .. rap rawks my sawks .. ... rock is crap without the rock and with the c-r-a-p!

, nah ... but seriously ... Im an Eminem .. making me feel bad here, lol.
    Mine are in folders of artist, and in the folder, is another folder for each album
    If rap rawk your sawks and rock is crap without the rock, I would suggest you wash your socks....

Both you and formula1 obviously has no idea what rock and roll is about.... most of the ideas behind rap/hip-hop music comes from rock... the contraversy and all that shit... only thing is back in the dawn of rock the contraversy was made by real people with real opinions, theese days it's just a concept those damned hop-hippers use to sell more records...

Now to the actual question I sort my files like this:

D:\Music\Full Albums\Artist\[year] Album (bps)\

Rawk and Rawl

6. Music   -   #16
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    r0ck ma' c0ck, and stick it in your face.

7. Music   -   #17
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    =Formula1,30 March 2004 - 03:35] [QUOTE9=Dark Ride,30 March 2004 - 00:38]
    =Samurai,28 March 2004 - 16:00] + My Music
    Are you female or gay    ... or both 

Actually i think its you that have a bad music taste. i agree rock [especially punk rock] is just a bunch of wanna be's who put random shit together to just get some publicity, and just wanna get some attention. I agree that there are some rock stars who put some good work into their music, such as linkin park because they ACTUALLY put their mind into it, and spend a good time writing their song. PS , Eminem R0ck5, and Dre, Tupac, Etc.!!!!

I could write a lot of stuff about Limpin Fart but i wont...

Why dont we talk about whats Good Music out there instead of dissing ppl based on
    what they like?

Well, i guess these kinda threads have some sorta entertaining value,
    sure made me laugh but not really for the reasons the author expected.

Spoiler: Show

8. Music   -   #18
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by Formula1@29 March 2004 - 20:35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ride,30 March 2004 - 00:38
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai,28 March 2004 - 16:00
    + My Music
    Are you female or gay ... or both

rock [especially punk rock] is just a bunch of wanna be's who put random shit together to just get some publicity, and just wanna get some attention.
    there are some rock stars who put some good work into their music, such as linkin park because they ACTUALLY put their mind into it, and spend a good time writing their song.
    Yeah right. Linkin Park are just a bunch of screaming EMO fags with an electric guitar.

And the way Arm organises his albums is has the name of every artist and album in a folder called mp3 albums.

9. Music   -   #19
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I use my brain to organise

10. Music   -   #20
    Great thread, but I wish some of you would stick to the subject.

I have one music folder with a sub folder for each letter of the alphabet so The Rolling Stones go in T, Cliff Richard goes in C, Eminem goes in E, Beyonce goes in B, Dr Hook goes in D. (note my wide tastes &#33

I then backup each folder up to a CDR-W every few months as a precaution.

Some letters of the alphabet have to have more than one folder.

I then keep a list of the songs I have in an Access Database that I wrote, so that I can enter details of songs from AMG and then I can see which tracks I need to complete various albums.

I then make up playlists in Foobar (used to use Winamp) of music I like, eg easy listening rock, rock classics, heavy metal, blues, glassical guitar etc etc, so that I can play some music to suit my moods.

I, like one guy above also like to get an AMG biograhy and album reviews, but it is impossible to get all the ones you want or you would have to do it full time !

I can see why some people buy the real CD's there is less work !

Regards

Digby
    NZ
    What color is your Adkaf ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast