Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Links

Poster
    Leave the links there, they effect nothing and I quite like the RandomImage site. It is now a favourite as well.

Opening in a new window is also much better.

FFS I've been saying it for ages, the site is more reliable when run professionally, why do people have a problem with this. Not everything has to be amateur.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i dont mind the links...but just wondoering....can u add this as well....

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95354

we need more members on the FAH team!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    I don't mind having the links at the top of the page, its just that dont like COOL LINKS standing out so much.

First of all I don't link the word "cool." It can be somewhat misleading. I know if i was new the first thing I would notice was the cool links. I might click on it and think "WTF is this?" and then leave thinking about how dumb this place is. The word sponsored would be better.

Secondly the color black stands out too much, especially when it is bolded and all the letters are in caps. Could you swich it to the same color as all the other links, get rid of all the caps and make it not bolded? IMO, just doing one or two of the three things i just suggested would make this board look more professional with the theme 7th tried so hard to make.

sorry to sound so picky, its just that i been a member of this board for a long time and dont want to see this place disappear. I know this has been causing some commotion so i thought that my changes would make it more acceptable for more people while still being able to keep the links up.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Originally posted by Marius24@28 March 2004 - 08:51
    This isn't a place to advertise is it?  Rules say no spam... so why have

[ COOL LINKS | RandomImage.us | TotalPosters.com | THETrolls.com ]
    Hay cool, now its my turn...

STFU.

Anyway the links are fine since after all your paying the cash around here so you should be more than allowed to do so, although "COOL LINKS" sounds just a bit childish and I think "Sponsered Links" is a much better idea, you make the call.

Also I think if you choose the Pay Pal logo could stay as well, after all if you can get some cash flow going around here the more likely your stay a bit longer and have things running smoother. I might think to wonder there were reasons along these lines that may have lead to 7th moving aside. I just thought the Pay Pal logo could have been placed better as shown HERE.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@29 March 2004 - 02:51
    i dont mind the links...but just wondoering....can u add this as well....

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95354

we need more members on the FAH team!
    Well 7thE asked Livy ( I think) to create a page and he was the going to put the link on the main page.

Well Livy has made one and this is the link...

http://www.livy.myby.co.uk/folding/

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@28 March 2004 - 20:00
    I made them open in a new window like you asked.

As for a sports world, I do love sports however I'm not too sure how Sports fits in with filesharing discussion.

Brian
    ahem...

i still havent managed to download (or shre) a PC, CD burner or a mouse/keyboard yet...

GIVE US SPORTSWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rafi

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I dont mind the links but can we remove the bold font and have the colour the same as the rest of the writing? Looks a bit amateurish to me and doesnt fit with the rest of the site.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Site Owner
    Hey hanks for the suggestions. I will change them a bit.

Just a few words...

I don't want to call them sponsored linlks because they are my sites, and they don't really make me any money (except if people buy posters from total posters, which I doubt).
    Maybe "Our Other sites"

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@29 March 2004 - 06:37
    Hey hanks for the suggestions. I will change them a bit.

Just a few words...

I don't want to call them sponsored linlks because they are my sites, and they don't really make me any money (except if people buy posters from total posters, which I doubt).
    Maybe "Our Other sites"
    Kewl, gee I sure like the new Commander...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Maybe call them "Admins other site"

I dont really like Our other sites as it gives the impression that the sites belong together which isnt really the case

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast