Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ready To Possibly Combine Some Folders

Poster
    Originally posted by bulio+28 March 2004 - 21:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio @ 28 March 2004 - 21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@28 March 2004 - 20:49
    Sportsworld in Off Topic section, what possible harm could it do.
    what&#39;s the point? this is supposed to be a filesharing forum [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s why I said Off Topic section. One should be willing to compromise.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Poster
    I disagree with other ppl who posted above at one point.

I think that Shareaza, Emule, Edonkey2000, overnet/lite should be combined under one folder "ED2K Network" or "Edonkey network" etc. Since all of the above use one network.

DC++ could be put under "Other Related P2P Program Discussions".

Instead of "General KL Discussion", I think that it should be renamed "Fasttrack network Discussion", which includes Kazaa MD/+, Kazaalite, Morpheuos, Mammoth etc, because Klite is kinda, should I say it? nah I do not want to admit it.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    make one forum for p2p applications.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Originally posted by REALITY
    move all content into Other related P2P Programs
    Thats how it used to be an it wasn&#39;t broke then.

The topics as I&#39;ve mention such as Noob IRC Help, Private Bt Tracker, Soulseek Klf Music World and others that would be considered of importance should be pinned topics within, perhaps SoulSeek should move back to MusicWorld as it was before as it seemed to draw more attention when it was there.

As for other apps like DC++ and Blubster and those that may be offened by the merge and getting lost within, well I can simply say if you can draw the same attention that SoulSeek and FastTracker has then you should be pinned as well.

As we did once before as new communities started to develop they were pinned and stayed pinned unless they lost interest. This is why having Blubster pinned makes no sence because its not a community, just like Ares or Overnet perhaps, they may be great apps but they are not community based.

I am however a little clueless what should be done with Bittorent since it is rather large and use to overflow Other related P2P Programs. I guess a thought would be to have a EDK2/BT Forum, that could cover eMule, eDonkey, Shareaza and Bittorent all in one. Although if I had to choose I would say just one heading for all under Other related P2P Programs and keep it simple and clean...[/b][/quote]

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    BANNED
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+28 March 2004 - 21:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 28 March 2004 - 21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by bulio@28 March 2004 - 21:53
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @28 March 2004 - 20:49

what&#39;s the point? this is supposed to be a filesharing forum
    That&#39;s why I said Off Topic section. One should be willing to compromise. [/b][/quote]
    It should be apart of the offtopic section

What does the lounge have to do with fileshareing

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    bootylicious's Avatar You've been punk'd
    Originally posted by supersonic@28 March 2004 - 19:05
    I disagree with other ppl who posted above at one point.

I think that Shareaza, Emule, Edonkey2000, overnet/lite should be combined under one folder "ED2K Network" or "Edonkey network" etc. Since all of the above use one network.

DC++ could be put under "Other Related P2P Program Discussions".

Instead of "General KL Discussion", I think that it should be renamed "Fasttrack network Discussion", which includes Kazaa MD/+, Kazaalite, Morpheuos, Mammoth etc, because Klite is kinda, should I say it? nah I do not want to admit it.
    I totally agree with u

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    what about combing the lounge and talk club, since the talk club isnt very active,

infact over a third of the talk club posts are down to 2 posts, the folding@home topic, and the klf meeting topic.

also what about combining the the codec pack forums into one, and making the actual development of the packs pinned within the one forum. it may stop people asking questions in the actual development topics.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The two links at the bottom of the main page
    stating

"Today&#39;s top 10 posters | Overall top 10 posters"

are absolutly pointless

- why not remove (and replace with something else?)

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    h1
    And the broken link that says "File Sharing Talk."

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Originally posted by bulio+28 March 2004 - 20:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bulio &#064; 28 March 2004 - 20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@28 March 2004 - 20:49
    what&#39;s the point? this is supposed to be a filesharing forum [/b][/quote]
    hows it any different than you wanting a linux world

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast