Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Cinemas

lol of All disturbances...did they play the film back ?

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by Abe@28 March 2004 - 20:34
    lol American theaters, I was just 3 weeks ago wacthing the Last Samurai when in the middle of the moive an alarm went off and we (the whole mall) left the building and waited outside.(I saw the ugliest goth girls that day) Turns out there was a shooting in the mall and one guy got shot in the shoulder. It was when tom cruise was fighting those Samurai and the head guy was impressed.True story it was in the news in central Illinois.
    Yeah....shit happens some times.

During the summer, I was watching T3 when some dude runs in the theater to argue with some dude in the front row.

The guy said "You messing with my girl??" out loud. The other dude just told him to fuck off. BAM! There was fists swinging and the guys went in front of the screen and almost took the whole screen down.

I was like "Is this a fucking joke?!?"

The movie stopped and I got a refund, plus a cupon for a free popcorn and soda...AMC does some cool shit like that sometimes....

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Perhaps, it's not the American audience but your choice of movies titles. Jackass and Dawn of The Dead attract more of the rowdy, "wrestling-is-real" crowd. If you want civilized, try Snow White.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    old school
    Originally posted by DeanO@28 March 2004 - 13:29
    Ive also just downloaded Dawn Of The Dead.

i watched Jackass The Movie in a cinema out there and the audiance clapped nd cheered after every stunt...i thought it was just a one off crowd.

But im watching Dawn of The Dead...and the audiance are clapping and cheering at every oppertunity.
    If you happen to have downloaded the same version I did
    ([tmd]dawn.of.the.dead.2004.(ftf).cam.)
    at the point in the movie where the cop is getting shot at by the other survivors (before the mall) someone in the audience actually cracks a joke, and the audience laughs at it...

WTF!

If i was in the back of that theater I would pelt every cent of change I had at that guys head.
    Try it it's great fun!

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I know

But it isnt fun anymore when he finds out who is doing it and wants to kick your ass.

I really hate when people try to make themselves the center of attention at the theater.

During Return of the King, Frodo kisses Sam on the forehead....its silent in the theater to the point that you can hear a pin drop...then someone yells to the top of his lungs "FAGGOTS!!"

Everyone laughed....as did I....but its annoying when someone does that shit.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    leeferdude's Avatar Walking Dumbass
    thats strange. I live in Texas and I have never heard clapping on any of the times I went to the movies. Wait, there was on opening night for Star Wars Episode I...

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    You should go to a small Indonesian village
    the whole week long pickups with posters and speakers - scream the ad for the movie
    the whole village goes to see who goes to the movie
    its a MAJOR party inside -Fried food, people standing sitting, screaming clapping, Gasping

Its Great

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by leeferdude@29 March 2004 - 03:29
    thats strange. I live in Texas and I have never heard clapping on any of the times I went to the movies. Wait, there was on opening night for Star Wars Episode I...
    yea on opening night, as I imagine thats when most "cam's" are recorded
    its not common in theater, at least not yet

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by leeferdude@29 March 2004 - 01:29
    where i live, this was the only time we heard cheering and clapping, and it was only at the beginning at end. other then that i never heard anyone clap or cheer at any movies.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    The only time I've heard clapping in a cinema was before the avant-premiere of Episode I - first some guy is 15 minutes late for his speech , then he blabs for five minutes about how we will be the first people to see the movie over here , blah blah , then they showed a crappy phone commercial - twice , once in Dutch and once in French. When the movie finally started , we just cheered out of frustration

Then there was this big guy during RotK - he sat next to me and just cried during the final half hour or so - really cried , tears rolling and everything. Weird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast