Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nvidia Partners Hiss At Cost Of Pci Express Bridge

Keep in mind that it will cost the manufacturers $5.00. That means that they will have to raise the price of the card by maybe twice that. When you think about it that raises the overall price of the card considerably in an already expensive market.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    well then if the cards need a bridge, then arent they still running at AGP speeds?

this means that it prolly appeals to the masses more cuz most of us normal ppl still have AGP

damn, ati's gonna have to make 2 diff. v. of each gpu or not help out the AGPers at all... ati's startin to suck balls again

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by adamp2p@28 March 2004 - 17:53
    Keep in mind that it will cost the manufacturers $5.00. That means that they will have to raise the price of the card by maybe twice that. When you think about it that raises the overall price of the card considerably in an already expensive market.
    exactly what i was thinking. it'll cost the manufacturers five bucks... it'll cost the customer like an extra twenty or thirty by the time it reaches his house.

'course, i wouldn't buy $300-$400 graphics card in any case. for what it would cost just to make halo or doom 3 go a little faster on the PC... you could buy a console and four or five games, or some other equally cool gear. i like PC games and appreciate a good card, but the price of high end gaming cards is a pretty rotten value considering how few truly good PC games are released per year.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    collection plate?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@29 March 2004 - 14:57
    collection plate?
    u no....

to put money on....

. ....to give to the taiwainese??

yes? no?

oh well you'l get it one day

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    GFX cards still arn't fully utilizing AGP 8 yet so I wouldnt be worried, the only real advantage is that information can be carried down at the same time as carried up if you see what I mean. I have read of motherboards supporting AGP and PCI express so you may be able to upgrade your board and still use your AGP card .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12