Thread: Solaris Dvd Screener

Just as you foolishly think you're ahead of the game with these develish but wonderful avi files, along comes another poser.

I've been d/loading this movie over the last 24 hours, the .dat file in my shared folder is 502,193 KB, which is well on the way to finishing. But then in the traffic page, the movie is showing as starting downloading again. I copied the .dat file onto my desktop, cancelled the d/l and then pasted the .dat file back into my shared folder. When I restart KL the movie picks up from where it left off on the new d/l ie almost at the beginning. The.dat file remains static at 502,193 and yet the d/l according to the traffic page is slowly going up - currently 25,000 KB. Never seen this before - any ideas fellow Movieworld fans?

Don't you just hate it when you have to start d/loading again for whatever reason. Another example: I d/loaded Chicago Screener 2 disc - the first disc is over 720, 000 KB - too big to burn onto a 700 MB disc. So I cut a couple of MB of the start with VirtualDub - the name of the film company etc. Great the files is now small enough to burn.....ah but the audio is now out of sync with the movie.Arrrggghhhhh

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Well Solaris is not a movie to see really... it sucks... seen it, didn't like it! Nothing happens for 2 hours or so!

You should be carefull with the Kazap options!! Disable it and don't touch it at all!
    This option sucks at the downloads tab: "Restart Failed" (restarts every download again&#33

That's the most dangerous option... f*****up my downloads big time!

Is this what happend with you?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Thanx Rocktron - that could have been the problem, although it hasn't happened before. What I don't understand is that the new d/l hasn't started as a new .dat file in my shared folder file. The old one is still there - static. I suppose it will start going up in size when the new d/l 'catches up'. Weird

PS I like to watch all different types of movies - I like them with a decent story, even if they are a bit slow. I'll let you know what I think.....if I ever get to see it !

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I think you should be able to get a 720000kb on a 700mb disc.
    Just overburn it. Don`t ask me how though, never tryed it myself

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Solaris is an excellent movie. However, the original has a few things above this remake of it.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I agree, Solaris wasn&#39;t bad. It was more of an artistic idea, which was hard to take seriously, because for most of the movie, you really don&#39;t know what the hell is going on.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS