Thread: Large File Vanished

After reviewing the FAQ and the "knowledge base" in the problems forum neither yielded an answer to my problem.

I was downloading a large file (250 MB) and at arround 180 MBs it said "failed". As I reattempted, it dis-appeared from my 'traffic' que. No .dat files of that file (or any other file extensions that size) were found in my designated dl folder. But what's worse when I checked my traffic options, my 'C' drive was toggled to be downloaded from. This is common sense not to toggle that. I used my crummy w98 SE "Find" feature and it could not find either .dat files of that size or ANY files that size downloaded on this day or recently (past 3 months).

Have you had any posters with this problem before??

Gaurding Against a Strike ,

free2bp2p

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by free2bp2p@29 March 2004 - 03:18
    But what's worse when I checked my traffic options, my 'C' drive was toggled to be downloaded from. This is common sense not to toggle that.
    That sounds like a virus...what antivirus do you currently have installed?
    Also, have you run checks for adware/spyware on your system?

edit: Antivirus guide, Spyware/adware removal
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Is your hard drive full?

The FAT32 table/s may be screwed up if you've used it for months.

Try running a SCANDISK and see if it turns up any error messages.

Then check free space on that drive again.