Thread: The Grand List Of First Person Shooter Cliches

Arm's Avatar Poster
    If anyones a fan of first person shooters they may like this extremly half-ass site Arm put together. Quite tongue-in-cheek really.

http://bungie88.tripod.com/index.html

Enjoy mofhertruckers!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    3.    Large corporations are EVIL.
    I like this one!..

3. Lounge   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Nice one Arm

how about -

When you find yourself shooting every millimeter of every wall for a way out - you know your definetly lost and totally on the wrong track.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    I read them all up to 93 but got bored... Good list Arm.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    If anyone has played Project: IGI be sure to stay tuned to the bottom of the page for a little section dedicated to IGI. And my site needs some work done to it. I intend to put some really sarcastic names to to the cliches. Some already have names I left out and some I gotta create my own.

Also try to add some other crap to the site to make it funnier. Also put a counter on the site since the one Arm has currently dont seem to be working. B)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    12.  Piles of health on the ground is a really bad sign! Since balanced game play is somewhere down the list and well after big encounters! Every big event in the game will be foreshadowed by a sudden gift of health and ammunition even though you spent the last two maps using your knife/axe/pistol because you were so low. It should be noted that whatever you face will not use any of the weapons you picked up ammo for right outside his door.
    Very true

20.  Firing a rocket launcher at your feet and jumping at the same time actually makes you fly through the air rather than just blowing off your legs.
    Made me laugh out loud, good timing

73.  No matter how skillful, agile, and combat proficient the player character is during regular play, all such attributes mysteriously dissapear during cutscenes, during which time the player can be killed or captured by his enemies with humilating ease.
    The predator in AVP2 anyone? Almost unstoppable, rips through a base, kills almost everyone, gets gassed in a cutscene.

Good list