Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suprised Of Pc Gamers!

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Colly@31 March 2004 - 06:05

I can see it now: Twenty years from now, the gamers are going to be laughing at all of us and making comments like "They called it '3D' and they didn't even have holographic video systems! hahahaha" and "They hadn't even made the first terabyte/teraflop/AI PC yet." and "They had FANS in their PCs! Can you imagine such antiques?" Worse yet: They'll be talking to the AI game characters who'll be getting the jokes and laughing along with them!
    ¨

Exactly, the pace we go forward with the technology is amazing.

The Software/Hardware Compability has drawbacks like this situation, games dont run well, everything needs atleast
    a patch version 1.1 when the product hits the shells.
    Or, some things dont run well at all without the latest Hardware.
    Its the price we pay for getting forward so fast.
    I can still remember the C64, my first Amiga-500 etc,

We have come a long since those days, I cant wait for tomorrow.

Spoiler: Show

2. Games   -   #22
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by unreal_dude+1 April 2004 - 19:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (unreal_dude @ 1 April 2004 - 19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-colly
    Besides, all the stuff you buy THIS year is going to become obsolete NEXT year as soon as the PCI-Express bus makes AGP obsolete. So watch out&#33;
    Exactly &#33;&#33; Plus PCI Xpress has got better bwidth than AGP. Hey Nv40 and R420 are also going 2 come out soon. May for nv40 and it will b 3 times faster than the current cards &#33;&#33;

Actually come to think of it the industry is really trying to screw us consumers &#33;&#33; Six months upgrade cycles have come down to 3 &#33; LOL mayb the nxt time u buy a card it will b obsolete by the time u finish payin the bill.

[/b][/quote]
    Erm excuse me? As Madcat rightly said, AGP 8X isnt fully utilized yet, moving to PCI-Express really isnt going to ba a big jump.

And dont harp on about graphics card performance, because no-one has seen what the new cards can do yet. 2-3 times faster? Unlikely.

3. Games   -   #23
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Maybe, but we sure as hell are screwing the industry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123