Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suprised Of Pc Gamers!

Poster
    firstly i do buy games alot and love to taken them online however....

im a little suprised that pc gamer dont wine little more about having to upgrade so often to get THE BEST out of a game - visuals being important

for example - far cry
    i read a post where someone had a ati 9800 pro and found the game laggy on high settings....... this is a top card......

someone replies...its ment to be played on next gen hardware....

OH i see, so to get the BEST out of this game i gotta fork out 3 - 400 bones on a "next gen" grahics card

sometime i can agree with console users arguing that there type of game is more enjoyable, at least when i buy a console game i know its gonna play ITS BEST to how the developers wanted the end user to view the products

anyways when is this next gen stuff out?
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

2. Games   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Give me the top hardware: Dual Opterons or Xeons, 2 gigs of PC4200 RAM, Dual 10,000 RPM Raptor HDs etc and I bet if you installed some of the crap spyware people install you could get the original Unreal Tournament to go slow.

Consoles run very few processes, and I bet with a game optimised for no OS you could get it to run much better.
    Linux is the way forward really, very customisable, running a barebones OS would be easy.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    No the industry isnt screwing us up,they have been doing this since the beginning, if there were no campanies making those kind of games, then we would still be playing pacman, new games means new hardware, thats why PC games have Setting, just set everything to low and play the game....

4. Games   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by bilko@29 March 2004 - 11:03

for example - far cry
    i read a post where someone had a ati 9800 pro and found the game laggy on high settings....... this is a top card......

that would be moi.

it works great now. doing 80fps regularly. and u can&#39;t play something like this on a console. no console would be able to handle it, unless it was toned down heavily. doom 3 port on xbox will look like nothing compared to the pc one

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+29 March 2004 - 16:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 29 March 2004 - 16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bilko@29 March 2004 - 11:03

for example - far cry

that would be moi.

it works great now. doing 80fps regularly. and u can&#39;t play something like this on a console. no console would be able to handle it, unless it was toned down heavily. doom 3 port on xbox will look like nothing compared to the pc one [/b][/quote]
    What did you do to run it faster?

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    sorry on such a dull pointless topic, but i have a question
    do u know of any sides that i can get hold of game manuals such as unreal 2004 not sure of the controls and cant seem to find any on google

know of any sites
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    i believe the reason that everyone needs to update so often to get better performance is becasue computers are getting better and better so pc games get better and better. If you can&#39;t keep up, then just run the game on lower settings. It will still work

8. Games   -   #8
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    You want next generation graphics, at full settings? You need next generation hardware. Simple as. You arnt going to be able to run most of the latest games at max settings because they have a lot of features implemented that only next generation cards fully support and/or run well.

The alternative is that PC gaming doesnt progress at all, and we all stick to wondering at the amazing graphics of Doom.

Seeing as this is such an issue, why not settle for a nice 266 with 128mb of ram and a voodoo 2 and have fun, boycott this terrible evoloutionary step in gaming technology.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    First of all dont compare consoles with pcs doing that
    Your are showing us your big ignorance&#33;

10. Games   -   #10
    i got ps2 x-box and a desent computer, the only games i play on a comp are games that are NOT released on a concel. game sytems are desined pretty much for one reason.... to play games at maxiumum preformance, unless youv got the cash for one of those nuts alienware crazy computers geting a concel for cheap is the way to go,and you only upgrade once every couple of years. besides there is so more you can be doing and learning with you comp than playing games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast