Thread: Using Php Nuke Cheating?

TRshady
    Hey all .. im considering using php nuke for my site ....
    as id love for it all to be database driven and sadly do not have the knowledge to be able to.

But ... is it similar to using something like proboards for a forum, and by that I mean is it crap, and only for noobs to web development. Because even though im capable of making layouts and slicing, compiling code and all ... I would like to try this ....

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    PHP-Nuke is crap, it's slow and based on phpBB (also crap).

Download PostNuke, there is no PHP / MySQL knowledge required. All you need to do is one file edit, an upload, two CHMODs, and run the install script.

Of course you could always learn PHP / SQL and figure out how PostNuke works.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    TRshady
    Thanks for the reply h4x0r ... I'll do as you said and give it a go .....

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@30 March 2004 - 02:59
    PHP-Nuke is crap, it's slow and based on phpBB (also crap).
    How's that possible? They're two entirely different systems. One's a CMS, and the other is a message board...

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I never liked PHP-NUKE.

postnuke has better modules.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    What these guys have been saying - PostNuke is a lot cleaner on the eyes than PHP-Nuke is as well, and is less of a headache to install (I tried three installs of PHP-Nuke and each had their own problems. I installed PostNuke in 20 minutes and it's still there on my site )

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+9 April 2004 - 08:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd &#064; 9 April 2004 - 08:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@30 March 2004 - 02:59
    PHP-Nuke is crap, it&#39;s slow and based on phpBB (also crap).
    How&#39;s that possible? They&#39;re two entirely different systems. One&#39;s a CMS, and the other is a message board...[/b][/quote]
    PHP-NUKE has a crappy phpbb forum add on.

Postnuke has a pnblock for Invision Power Board which integrates itself seaminglessly with the CMS..

I am sure you can have the same setup with PHP-NUKE, but I just think postnuke works a lot better.

PHP-NUKE or Postnuke is not hard to install at all if your not a complete dimwit and you rtfm. Both of them are about the same in regard to installation procedure....................use common sense

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    h1
    Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd+9 April 2004 - 09:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cl1mh4224rd @ 9 April 2004 - 09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@30 March 2004 - 02:59
    PHP-Nuke is crap, it&#39;s slow and based on phpBB (also crap).
    How&#39;s that possible? They&#39;re two entirely different systems. One&#39;s a CMS, and the other is a message board... [/b][/quote]
    They share the same underlying core, meaning that the security sucks, it&#39;s slow, etc.

Sorry for not clarifying.