Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sorry...

With the backup you must surely be able to extract those posts that were in the soulseek forum, it would be a matter of writing a few scripts to extract, modify the tables so that it can be inserted into the new database and then inserting the info.
    Even if you can't insert teh posts, maybe jsut extracting them and providing it as a massive text file so that if anyone wants to resurrect a couple of useful posts they can.
    Or is there something i'm missing...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You mean to say that before you decided to move the SoulSeek subforum you didn't think to make a backup of the whole board?

If not then you are really beginning to scare me.

Something could have gone even more wrong and you could have corrupted the whole board.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Like someone said a few posts back. Not many admins or mods would have sad they made a mistake, they would have acted as if it was a problem with the board and tryied to cover up. This shows he is going to be truthful now stop jumping down his back b4 i start touching your back, and you won't like it.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Site Owner
    Virtual, relax, there is a backup. If something went majorly wrong I could always use the nearest backup. 7th is still responsible for the backups. I could probably back up everything since the last backup, maybe 36 hours ago. But I think the loss of all info in the last 36 hours is greater then that of the soulseek forum. I have emailed Marc to see if he has a suggestion or solution.

I'm trying my best here. I goofed. I am sorry

Brian :-(

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@29 March 2004 - 22:44
    You mean to say that before you decided to move the SoulSeek subforum you didn't think to make a backup of the whole board?

If not then you are really beginning to scare me.

Something could have gone even more wrong and you could have corrupted the whole board.
    Right thats it Vb im gonna touch your back... i warned you!

Now come here tigarrrrrrrrrrr!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    now stop jumping down his back b4 i start touching your back, and you won't like it.

Right thats it Vb im gonna touch your back... i warned you!

Now come here tigarrrrrrrrrrr!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ummm... are you threatening VirtualBody with some sort of buggery?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Maybe this helps explain why previous admin were reluctant to make too many major changes to the layout of the board.
    Thanks for the honesty rookiecrd.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Don't worry mate,

there was a back up,

And if you made a backup before every move you would get no where, not unless you had some super connection.

Support, yes, from your members.

comment's from team member to admin, Ummm
    I would be buffing up my boot
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    can't you just get the backup. go into the mysql control center. open the ibf_posts table. sort by forum_id. get everyline from forum 83. shut down board. make 2 backups. insert lines gotten from eariler. revert to the recently changed back up. start up board. if that doesn't work go back to unchanged backup.

ill admit i don't much about mysql. but im hoping that someone can tell me how stupid or smart this idea is.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@29 March 2004 - 23:18
    To do that he would hav to shut the board, back it up and copy all the script from the previous backup and place it in this backup (which is a seriously major task) otherwise all info since the last backup will be gone

It's a descion that has to be made,

1 = Wipe out everything since the last back up

2 = Forget the deleted stuff and move on

3 = A mirical or something that I don't know!

As he said, it was a mistake

We're all human

Jonno B)

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast