Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Sorry...

Originally posted by bulio@29 March 2004 - 14:22
    anyways I don't go into soulseek/musicworld so I am not that affteted, but I may post a guide in there if needed
    No Thanks...

Oh Yes And Please Stay Away.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    h1
    Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@29 March 2004 - 18:29
    can't you just get the backup. go into the mysql control center. open the ibf_posts table. sort by forum_id. get everyline from forum 83. shut down board. make 2 backups. insert lines gotten from eariler. revert to the recently changed back up. start up board. if that doesn't work go back to unchanged backup.

ill admit i don't much about mysql. but im hoping that someone can tell me how stupid or smart this idea is.
    Just what I was about to say.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@29 March 2004 - 16:29
    can't you just get the backup. go into the mysql control center. open the ibf_posts table. sort by forum_id. get everyline from forum 83. shut down board. make 2 backups. insert lines gotten from eariler. revert to the recently changed back up. start up board. if that doesn't work go back to unchanged backup.

ill admit i don't much about mysql. but im hoping that someone can tell me how stupid or smart this idea is.
    that definetly is the way to go. If one is not comfortable directly with mysql then get phpmyadmin to ease the process.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Poster
    It&#39;s no problem Brian I never visit that section, but if you want to try what&#39;s suggested above please do so.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    look everyone makes mistakes just happened to be myself and the other guys sort of home, but I&#39;ve had stuff ups before and everyone does

Imagine if you deleted teh lounge

BTW the most missed thread will be the funny soul seek conversations

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Poster
    Well looks like we have a little problem here

I still do backups every day (member backup) and a full backup every week as the database is 850 MB..

So we have two options - which both suck:

1.) The soulseekers have to forgive you and start over
    2.) Using an old backup but that would delete all posts made within the last week

The second option is bad cause it&#39;s a full 850 MB backup which takes from 6 - 18 hours since such a backup doesn&#39;t really work the first time (a lot of things can happen and I am not going to explain that lol)

The second option is also bad cause we have to take the server down while the restore is running which means that nobody can access the site or forum until it&#39;s done cause there are simply too many people browsing and it would use too much ram and just die out.

Luckily I never had to do a restore before cause thats a major step and takeslong long time with such a database

Marc

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    TRshady
    (hey 7th&#33; B) ) ....

I&#39;d say we should go for number 1 ....
    not to much lost and we&#39;ve all got over it ... well, most of us have anyway

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 7thElement@30 March 2004 - 06:14
    The soulseekers have to forgive you and start over
    Yes we all have.I think most will agree this can be closed now.The only big lost was all the SoulSeek Coversations.No big deal.....we just start them over.Thanks for moving it once again.

FC B)

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    TRshady
    Nice one B)
    If your happy with it ... then the rest of the music dudes will be so yeah, close this. Rookie&#39;s forgiven, soulseek is where it should be and we can all return to normal....

(wait .. normal never exsisted .. ah what the hell)

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Ah well, wisdom only comes from mistakes, and learning from them

Nice to see you be so open about it .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast