Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Soulseek Guide

So great program i've been using it for some time, thx for this guide btw!

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #102
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Slsk is still a great source for rare content...
    Much better than BT, depending for what you are looking for in music

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #103
    Well it's great and all, but there seems to be no one on. This has happened for the last couple of months every time I check it out. They're also on User List Only, and they seem AFK, so I can't even tell.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #104
    thewho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    thanks for this post

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #105
    Woow thnks for the guids

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #106
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I just started using it myself, and I gotta say, it's pretty great. It's not going to take over my favorite lossless private tracker for music. But for mp3's, this the best program I've used so far for music(except for the private bittorrent music sites).

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #107
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Is it just me, or does the room FileSharingTalk.com not exist?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #108
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    It only exists, if at least 1 user is logged in..like soon , when I log back in...

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I just started using it myself, and I gotta say, it's pretty great. It's not going to take over my favorite lossless private tracker for music. But for mp3's, this the best program I've used so far for music *(except for the private bittorrent music sites).

It's actually better than your bittorrent crap, ( particularly for music collections from high quality) after all, see if you can find an album out of the sixties, on bitcrap, say Jimi Hendrix...you wont be able to!

*Also there is a difference between a program and a private bittorrent site.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 04-04-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #109
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

It's actually better than your bittorrent crap, ( particularly for music collections from high quality)
    What's with your anger towards me? I didn't put down your or talk shit about your(what seems to be) your most favorite, or most used, method of downloading music.. So chill out. And you think Soulseek is better for high quality music? Is that what you're saying? Because typing: "It's actually better than your bittorrent crap, ( particularly for music collections from high quality)", is really what it seems what you were trying to say. I find that hilarious. You obviously must not be a member of some of the private music bittorrent sites. Especially one of the extremely excellent lossless ones.

Now, I may be wrong about this, seeing as I've only been using this program for a couple days(which for the record, I really like a lot), but most of the music searches that I've brought up, the mp3's have been in either 128, 192 or 256 bitrate. Is that what you consider "high quality".

So again, if this isn't what you meant, then I deeply apologize for misunderstanding. But if I understood you correctly, then again...I find that laughable.

after all, see if you can find an album out of the sixties, on bitcrap, say Jimi Hendrix...you wont be able to!
    Also, here is another part of your post that I'm having trouble following. Are you saying, that I can't find any albums that was made in the 1960's era...on a private music site? Like...an album from Jimi Hendrix?

Wow, about the whole Jimi Hendrix discog that I downloaded in FLAC format just about two weeks ago on a private "bitcrap"(by the way, very mature there) music site? Or the numerous Velvet Underground albums I have downloaded in either V0 or FLAC format from a private music site. Or a handful of The Yardbirds albums in great quality that I have downloaded from these same sites? Or the entire James Brown discog. Or all of Lee Dorsey's albums. Or a bunch of the Ohio Players albums. Or all the albums by both Funkadelic and Parliament? All these albums were suppose to be exclusive to Soulseek? Because all of the artists I just mentioned, made a lot their albums in the 1960's, and were all found on private music torrent sites. Well...I guess I was just lucky to find all these on "bitcrap".

Would you like me to go on, or have you gotten the point? Seriously, I hope that sentence was just a joke.

Oh...no shit? Because that is definitely news to me. You are a very bright person, and I have learned quite a few things in that one post that you directed towards me. I will definitely watch out for, and take more seriously, all your posts in the future. As I'm sure they all will be as enlightening as this one, and I will greatly be able to benefit from them.

I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way. I was not trying to make Soulseek sound inferior to private bittorrent. Because honestly, I haven't used the program long enough to make that judgement. But like I mentioned in my first post, I'm quite impressed by this program. So back off. So far I've seen that both "bitcrap" and Soulseek have their own advantages and disadvantages. And I'll be using both for now on.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #110
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    What's with your anger to wards me? I didn't put down your or talk shit about your(what seems to be) your most favourite, or most used, method of downloading music.. So chill out. And you think SoulSeek is better for high quality music? Is that what you're saying? Because typing: "It's actually better than your bittorrent crap, ( particularly for music collections from high quality)", is really what it seems what you were trying to say. I find that hilarious. You obviously must not be a member of some of the private music bittorrent sites. Especially one of the extremely excellent lossless ones.

Now, I may be wrong about this, seeing as I've only been using this program for a couple days(which for the record, I really like a lot), but most of the music searches that I've brought up, the mp3's have been in either 128, 192 or 256 bitrate. Is that what you consider "high quality".

So again, if this isn't what you meant, then I deeply apologize for misunderstanding. But if I understood you correctly, then again...I find that laughable.

after all, see if you can find an album out of the sixties, on bitcrap, say Jimi Hendrix...you wont be able to!
    Also, here is another part of your post that I'm having trouble following. Are you saying, that I can't find any albums that was made in the 1960's era...on a private music site? Like...an album from Jimi Hendrix?

Wow, about the whole Jimi Hendrix discog that I downloaded in FLAC format just about two weeks ago on a private "bitcrap"(by the way, very mature there) music site? Or the numerous Velvet Underground albums I have downloaded in either V0 or FLAC format from a private music site. Or a handful of The Yardbirds albums in great quality that I have downloaded from these same sites? Or the entire James Brown discog. Or all of Lee Dorsey's albums. Or a bunch of the Ohio Players albums. Or all the albums by both Funkadelic and Parliament? All these albums were suppose to be exclusive to Soulseek? Because all of the artists I just mentioned, made a lot their albums in the 1960's, and were all found on private music torrent sites. Well...I guess I was just lucky to find all these on "bitcrap".

Would you like me to go on, or have you gotten the point? Seriously, I hope that sentence was just a joke.

Oh...no shit? Because that is definitely news to me. You are a very bright person, and I have learned quite a few things in that one post that you directed towards me. I will definitely watch out for, and take more seriously, all your posts in the future. As I'm sure they all will be as enlightening as this one, and I will greatly be able to benefit from them.

I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way. I was not trying to make Soulseek sound inferior to private bittorrent. Because honestly, I haven't used the program long enough to make that judgement. But like I mentioned in my first post, I'm quite impressed by this program. So back off. So far I've seen that both "bitcrap" and Soulseek have their own advantages and disadvantages. And I'll be using both for now on.
    I was not even aware that users of BitTorrents clients, were capable of articulation, let alone write an understandable reply.Thanks for that.

What I do mean is that more or less any music collection can be found on SoulSeek more or less at any time. Yes the well-known bands will be readily available on different Bittorrent sites. Often discographys...now try to search for music by... say Martin Mcarthy or even a band like "Angel and Airwaves," or any other artist that springs to mind, that's another story altogether. Oink was close to Souilseek qua quality and it was possible to find rare music collections there too. unfortunately we know what happened to Oink.

In any case with the broadband connections of today and the size of modern hard disks, who needs to collect mp3's or flac ... WAV is the way or better still PCM
    Feel free to add my nick to your list on SoulSeek, I have added you already.

PS. I do hope I didn't make you Annoyed.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast