Thread: Virus I-worm/netsky.q

Recently i've been getting emails with this virus in them. I got AVG and it catches them but how do I prevent those people from emailing me?

I afraid AVG will let one slip by and I'll get infected.

I received 6 emails in 2 days.

What did I do to get involved in this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    one of your mates has it i bet and they are sending it to everybody in list.

find out who is sending them from the ip addy and then get them to clean up their machine.

apart from that there is not much you can do.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by trillscout@30 March 2004 - 08:25
    Recently i've been getting emails with this virus in them. I got AVG and it catches them but how do I prevent those people from emailing me?

I afraid AVG will let one slip by and I'll get infected.

I received 6 emails in 2 days.

What did I do to get involved in this?
    Search in G0oGle for the name of the virus and description. Then, copy/paste the subjects used by the virus when sending emails(eg. hello, attachment, mail delivery failure) to the blocked list of spam, so in your yahoo account for example, you have 2 create a new filter and tell it to block all emails containing such subjects. I dunno if hotmail and outlook E supports that.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Try something different and phone your friends and tell them they have a virus and to fucking fix their machine&#33;

AVG as well as Symantec(makers of Norton) offer free removal tools for this particular virus.

In the mean time, block their addresses as true friends wouldn&#39;t allow this to continue happening.