Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Had Evan Williams

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    I was $2 short for a bottle of Beam so I got Evan Williams instead. It's been around since 1783 (not this particular bottle I hope) so you'd reckon they must've got it right. Aged 7 years. Stronger than Beam too.

Anyone tried it? A Kentucky bourbon of course.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I have tryed every Bourbon Whiskey from Kentucky.Except for a few.You forget where I live.#1 in the World when it comes to Whiskey.....no matter what them Scotch tell ya.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I didn't forget at all. Of course Kentucky is #1 for bourbon, I wouldn't drink any other sort. But have you tried Evan Williams? I hadn't heard of it before.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Evan Williams is just fine, Sheila.

Actually, although my palate is especially calibrated (as FC's is also) for bourbon, I would rate E.W. as above average, even given that there is no such thing as an undrinkable bourbon.

If you can find it, Maker's Mark is pretty good, but if you have a few more bucks in your pocket on occasion, treat yourself to a nice bottle of Wild Turkey; the best you can do, off-the-shelf.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Oh yes ... Wild Turkey is my bourbon of choice AND it was on special, but just out of my reach today.

I'm sampling the Evan Williams now. It's not bad, although I drink it with caffiene free diet coke so really it all tastes like crap.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@30 March 2004 - 01:28
    Oh yes ... Wild Turkey is my bourbon of choice AND it was on special, but just out of my reach today.

I'm sampling the Evan Williams now. It's not bad, although I drink it with caffiene free diet coke so really it all tastes like crap.

Press your reset and dump the Coke, Sheila--quickly!

That's a toxic combo, somewhat like ketchup and cauliflower. :x
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Oh but I can't dump the coke, I'd get drunk and dreadful things happen then. It's not worth the risk. Truly.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@30 March 2004 - 01:46
    Oh but I can't dump the coke, I'd get drunk and dreadful things happen then. It's not worth the risk. Truly.

Sounds as if your pimple is unduly influencing you.

Diet Coke has been proven to cause pimples under laboratory conditions.

It's a vicious circle.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Kentucky Whiskey!Nothing against "Jim Beam" "Wild Turkey" or any other Kentucky brand.But if it was my last glass on this Earth it would be "Early Times".

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Seriously? I don't think I've tried Early Times but it's one of the cheaper one's here. I'll have to give it a go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast