Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Rip-off?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y+31 March 2004 - 01:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz-Y @ 31 March 2004 - 01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@31 March 2004 - 04:29
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @31 March 2004 - 03:06
    The original things the Matrix did have:

Using humans as batteries

Bullet time

Bullet time was pretty sharp and is what made the Matrix have the following it has. It set it apart from other movies.

I&#39;ve seen humans used as batteries before in a film or something I&#39;m sure but I&#39;ll get back to you on that.

The human battery thing always bothered me...

Why not use animals instead of humans? Much more docile and no need of complex programs to keep them from revolting. Mind you a film about, say, goats escaping from a Matrix might not have done so well.

edit: Unless the goats were wearing trenchcoats...
    Because machines were trying to take revenge on humans, if you saw the animatrix you know what im talking about.... [/b][/quote]
    Well........I saw the trailer for I, Robot so yes I know what you are talking about.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Tetsujn@31 March 2004 - 03:59
    u ppl need to figure out the difference between copying something and a tribute. when a movie uses the same score as another movie of a simillar idea in order to get ppl into the theatre, that&#39;s copying. when a movie uses a few vauge ideas to pay omage to classics, that&#39;s a tribute. they have nothing to gain from these tributes. the ppl who copy, however, have to fill seats and what better way than to appeal to those who like the exact brand they&#39;re producing. with that in mind they try and show off the same mood through any media possible (an epic score used in one of the biggest trilogy&#39;s of all time, anyone?). Then again this isn&#39;t the movies faut. it&#39;s the marketers. I, myself, don&#39;t see the big deal. it&#39;s just a score and after the matrix films came out I knew ppl were gonna use the music from it. afterall it used just about every song from Tomb Raider Soundtrack to promote it&#39;s films. nothing wrong with that other than the fact that the score was made just for the the matrix and nothing else. u dont see anyone else using the Star Wars score or the Terminator score. it would be like stealing. i dunno who gave the rights to the song (*cough JOEL SILVER *cough*) but in all fairness, the actual movie is what matters and not the song used to promote it.
    Hope you didn&#39;t have any good ideas in there as I make a special point of not reading semi-literate work bricks like that. Be a sport and learn to use paragraphs.

@Cygnuz-Y: So for the sake of getting revenge on the humans the robots made their lifes infinitely harder. Does revenge really serve them an purpose? I&#39;m pretty sure they delte things that don&#39;t serve a purpose.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+31 March 2004 - 10:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 31 March 2004 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tetsujn@31 March 2004 - 03:59
    u ppl need to figure out the difference between copying something and a tribute. when a movie uses the same score as another movie of a simillar idea in order to get ppl into the theatre, that&#39;s copying. when a movie uses a few vauge ideas to pay omage to classics, that&#39;s a tribute. they have nothing to gain from these tributes. the ppl who copy, however, have to fill seats and what better way than to appeal to those who like the exact brand they&#39;re producing. with that in mind they try and show off the same mood through any media possible (an epic score used in one of the biggest trilogy&#39;s of all time, anyone?). Then again this isn&#39;t the movies faut. it&#39;s the marketers. I, myself, don&#39;t see the big deal. it&#39;s just a score and after the matrix films came out I knew ppl were gonna use the music from it. afterall it used just about every song from Tomb Raider Soundtrack to promote it&#39;s films. nothing wrong with that other than the fact that the score was made just for the the matrix and nothing else. u dont see anyone else using the Star Wars score or the Terminator score. it would be like stealing. i dunno who gave the rights to the song (*cough JOEL SILVER *cough*) but in all fairness, the actual movie is what matters and not the song used to promote it.
    Hope you didn&#39;t have any good ideas in there as I make a special point of not reading semi-literate work bricks like that. Be a sport and learn to use paragraphs.

@Cygnuz-Y: So for the sake of getting revenge on the humans the robots made their lifes infinitely harder. Does revenge really serve them an purpose? I&#39;m pretty sure they delte things that don&#39;t serve a purpose. [/b][/quote]
    this isnt a fucken novel. its a messageboard for random users to post whatever kinda shit they want. if u want a sophisticated, wise peice of literature i suggest you get off your arrogant ass and read a book instead of looking for it on a Kazaa lite messageboard. btw pal, its called internet talk.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    old school
    Originally posted by Busyman@30 March 2004 - 21:15
    The main problem I had with the original Matrix was that they ripped off a comic called the Invisibles BIG TIME.

The Waks read comics so I know they "came across" it at some point. I&#39;m surprised they weren&#39;t sued.

Either way I liked the movie even if the ideas were stolen.

Thank god someone else knows this&#33;
    Spread the comic knowledge

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Tetsujn+1 April 2004 - 04:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tetsujn @ 1 April 2004 - 04:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@31 March 2004 - 10:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-Tetsujn
    @31 March 2004 - 03:59

@Cygnuz-Y: So for the sake of getting revenge on the humans the robots made their lifes infinitely harder. Does revenge really serve them an purpose? I&#39;m pretty sure they delte things that don&#39;t serve a purpose.
    this isnt a fucken novel. its a messageboard for random users to post whatever kinda shit they want. if u want a sophisticated, wise peice of literature i suggest you get off your arrogant ass and read a book instead of looking for it on a Kazaa lite messageboard. btw pal, its called internet talk. [/b][/quote]
    No, it&#39;s called being too lazy to press the &#39;enter&#39; key once in a while.

See? I just did it. Makes my "internet talk" easier to read and makes me look less of a jackass.

Perhaps it is you, and not myself, that needs to read a book? There&#39;s a difference between "internet talk" and incoherent bullsh*t. Not much, I grant you, but there is some.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Poster
    BTW the matrix didn&#39;t exactly create bullet time exclusively. At about the same time, maybe even before it there was a music video that had it. They just did it differently. Still looked about the same though. And no I don&#39;t remember what the video was but maybe someone else could help with that.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by gbfan@1 April 2004 - 21:05
    BTW the matrix didn&#39;t exactly create bullet time exclusively. At about the same time, maybe even before it there was a music video that had it. They just did it differently. Still looked about the same though. And no I don&#39;t remember what the video was but maybe someone else could help with that.
    Korn - Freak On A Leash?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+1 April 2004 - 21:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK &#064; 1 April 2004 - 21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gbfan@1 April 2004 - 21:05
    Korn - Freak On A Leash? [/b][/quote]

look like it but the wac bros mastered it and it looked damn good...

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y+1 April 2004 - 17:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz-Y @ 1 April 2004 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@1 April 2004 - 21:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-gbfan
    @1 April 2004 - 21:05

Korn - Freak On A Leash?

look like it but the wac bros mastered it and it looked damn good... [/b][/quote]
    Well the people that made the bullet time I refer to is with the 360 degree camera.

The Waks were the first to have it and yes Cygnuts it was damn good.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman+1 April 2004 - 21:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 1 April 2004 - 21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y@1 April 2004 - 17:52
    Originally posted by Chewie UK@1 April 2004 - 21:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-gbfan
    @1 April 2004 - 21:05

Korn - Freak On A Leash?

look like it but the wac bros mastered it and it looked damn good...
    Well the people that made the bullet time I refer to is with the 360 degree camera.

The Waks were the first to have it and yes Cygnuts it was damn good. [/b][/quote]
    Cool to talk like civilized adults and not make flame wars ehh busyman... B)
    :music1:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast