Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Us Gov.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 April 2004 - 20:32
    Wow, did i upset you guys that much?

I got this on peergardian today:

Connection Rejected: 198.81.129.100 - CIA PGIPDB (**-**-**** @ **:**:**)
    Yeh!! Im a disadent and a threat to world peace

Edit: Date/Time removed; why make it easy for them
    Who me?

Upset about what?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by clocker+9 April 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 9 April 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@9 April 2004 - 06:10

So basically these nasty people threw out a load of US business that owned 2/3 of their country due to the USA not being allowed to just annex them like Puerto Rico.

So why would they risk doing business with us again? [/b][/quote]
    Clocker

I am not sure they do want to do business with you. I think the issue was (perhaps still is to a certain extent) that the US embargo was designed to stop anyone trading with Cuba.

I think this may be over now (or the EU just ignores it) because Cuba has become the hot bargain Caribbean holiday destination for many Europeans.

Regardless of what happens in the future, Cuba will not return to being a banana republic at the whim of a fruit company.

Despite the assistance to overthrow Allende in Chile (after the former nationalised copper mines etc.,) Pinochet did not hand back all the Chilean assets to foreign companies (although I may be wrong, I think very little in fact was returned). Today, Allende&#39;s party is back in charge of Chile and the 70s are now just a bad memory for the Chileans.

As a rule of thumb, trying to influence who other countries vote for and who should govern them tends not to be a happy experience (whether it was the West or the East that was pulling the strings)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Biggles@11 April 2004 - 21:50
    I am not sure they do want to do business with you. I think the issue was (perhaps still is to a certain extent) that the US embargo was designed to stop anyone trading with Cuba.

I think this may be over now (or the EU just ignores it) because Cuba has become the hot bargain Caribbean holiday destination for many Europeans.

Regardless of what happens in the future, Cuba will not return to being a banana republic at the whim of a fruit company.

The main problem Cuba now has is the US Laws that doesnt allow any ship that has been to Cuba, to go to any American controled port for 6 months afterwards.

This means that:

1/ Cruise ships cannot not go there as they call at Florida and American controlled Islands in the Carribean... Tourists have to fly in, which is why its the "Hot Destination" for European Tourists...Flights are cheap for Europe as....

2/ A lot of Imports (including Medical) are also flown in (relatively speaking for a small Island), as the way to make a profit in shipping is to go and leave with a full load..as they cant deliver to US controlled Lands/Islands at the same time, they tend to give Cuba a miss.

As the imports are flown, there is added expense to things that they cannot get via US companies such as Medical Supplies... (This is a big problem, as over 1/2 the worlds Drug companies are US owned and cant legally sell to Cuba anyway)

On the upside (for Euro Tourists)..as there is a lot of flights, the seats tend to be cheap.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789