Thread: Inserting News Via Rss

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Okay seems my first topic appeared but without my posted info. So here we go once again:

I want to insert RSS text into a website and need to know is there any criteria I need in order to do so. I've inserted the xml script (example of RSS here) but only come up with a blank page. Perhaps I need a program installed (XML ??) to do so or do I need to inform my Host provider my intention so that they can enable fields/extensions of some sort. Not sure at this point, so hit me up with some pointers on it.

Let'r rip folks :helpsmile:

FYI.....
    What is RSS?
    RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is an XML-based format for distributing and aggregating Web content (such as news headlines).

Using RSS, Web content providers can easily create and disseminate feeds of data that include, for example, news links, headlines, and summaries.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    You're going to need another language, like PHP, which has some XML-related functions.

I did love that original post though. First time I've seen the postbit missing.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    haxor41789 , thanks for your reply. As for the postbit missing, been along time since I've seen that happen.................long time.

EDIT:
    Found a RSS generator that does the work for me. Just plug in the RSS web url and poof, gives you script to use: BlogHarbor

Works for now. B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    h1
    Sloth is a sin.