Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What The Hell?

Poster
    are the ram plug in?

edit: whoops nm , u got rid of the beeping

heh, kinda a silly question, but did u save the setting b4 exiting ? oh, and btw, are u using the boot disc dell gave u?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by adamp2p@31 March 2004 - 04:27
    Nope, this is not a dell, is is another system that I am putting together for my mechanic...and it is giving me a bad taste in my mouth and a generally bad impression of Asus, AMD, and their associated hardware.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by adamp2p@30 March 2004 - 22:41
    Okay, it sees it now, but now won't boot from disk,

HOW DO YOU CLEAR THE CMOS?
    So... It sees the hard disk now?

How did you solve that problem?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Adam,

It's hard to tell what issues you are dealing with now.
    Has your POST beeping problem been resolved?
    With my ASUS, multiple beeps at POST is an indication of improperly installed/faulty memory.
    If that problem has been resolved and your HDD is now being recognized, you should be able to boot from a CD if you have a good version of Windows to work with. Your Dell recovery disc will not work ( don't mean to be insulting...you might already know this).
    A check in BIOS should clear up the question of whether you are facing a hardware problem or not.
    If it's not hardware related, then you must have a problem with the CD you are trying to use to install Windows.

As frustrating as these problems can be you will almost certainly be able to resolve them...remember, you are smarter than your PC.
    Probably.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by adamp2p@31 March 2004 - 01:27
    Nope, this is not a dell, is is another system that I am putting together for my mechanic...and it is giving me a bad taste in my mouth and a generally bad impression of Asus, AMD, and their associated hardware.
    Both Asus and AMD are highly recognized manufaturers and are both well respected for making very good products, trust me, it is not Asus nor AMD that is your problem here....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Okay. Everything is up and running now. It was just a matter of, as usual, tinkering.

I think most of us on this board are now experts at that, and no matter what the problem it can be solved by tinkering. I am still testing right now, I will give an update later.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by adamp2p@31 March 2004 - 05:27
    I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I myself and many people from this forum have put together fully working, and damn well performing (if I may say) PCs using AMD and Asus products.

You can't blame a chef for not making the right meal when you didn't tell him what meal to make in the first place.
    (My crap version of some guy's saying).

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+31 March 2004 - 06:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 31 March 2004 - 06:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@30 March 2004 - 22:41
    Okay, it sees it now, but now won&#39;t boot from disk,

HOW DO YOU CLEAR THE CMOS?
    So... It sees the hard disk now?

How did you solve that problem? [/b][/quote]
    Okay. Everything is up and running now. It was just a matter of, as usual, tinkering.

I think most of us on this board are now experts at that, and no matter what the problem it can be solved by tinkering. I am still testing right now, I will give an update later.
    That doesn&#39;t answer the question.

Maybe I need to pin this topic until you answer.

This board is about providing information to help many people. If you don&#39;t post what you did to solve a problem then it&#39;s not helping anyone else reading this.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@31 March 2004 - 14:02
    If you don&#39;t post what you did to solve a problem then it&#39;s not helping anyone else reading this.
    Oh please VB, we are mostly beyond help anyway.

My most successful method of solving problems is usually to hit many buttons randomly until something different happens.
    Eventually, much like the roomful of monkeys with typewriters, something good will occur.

Occasionally I resort to The Hammer.
    Not terribly effective, but immensely satisfying ( at least temporarily).
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by clocker+31 March 2004 - 22:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 31 March 2004 - 22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@31 March 2004 - 14:02
    If you don&#39;t post what you did to solve a problem then it&#39;s not helping anyone else reading this.
    Oh please VB, we are mostly beyond help anyway.

My most successful method of solving problems is usually to hit many buttons randomly until something different happens.
    Eventually, much like the roomful of monkeys with typewriters, something good will occur.

Occasionally I resort to The Hammer.
    Not terribly effective, but immensely satisfying ( at least temporarily). [/b][/quote]
    Ah, the old &#39;percussive maintenance&#39; route.
    Very popular, that.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast