Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wealthy America?!?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+1 April 2004 - 08:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 1 April 2004 - 08:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UnOwen1@1 April 2004 - 02:59

Owning a home in america is actually a misnomer. The statistics you quote is actually double-speak for the percentage of americans who have entered into a contract to PURCHACE a home. This can take up to 30 years, If at all. The percentage of americans who actually OWN A HOME&nbsp; (like me, shack as it may be)is more like 12%. and then you never really own it anymore. Miss 3 tax payments, and YOU ARE HISTORY..
    Just so.
    Indeed, many Americans really don&#39;t "own" their cars or any of the big ticket items in their possession...they were purchased on credit.

Credit may be a wonderful thing ( I personally don&#39;t think so), but it leads to the loss of the most important item of all...the freedom to control your future.
    Carrying a giant debt load means that you must consider your ability to make payments above any other priority. [/b][/quote]
    HERE, HERE&#33;&#33;&#33;

Welcome back, sir.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    There&#33; There&#33;

I haven&#39;t been gone....just mute.
    Only now unthawing from my visit to your Winter Wonderland.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Cake, please.

You are ensconced at your own PC, then?

Well done&#33;

Do you have a flag?

EDIT:

BTW-

We have now become a Spring Soggyland.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    No, I am still up in TC.

"Control, P, Print&#33;"

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Originally posted by clocker@1 April 2004 - 11:47
    No, I am still up in TC.

"Control, P, Print&#33;"

Yup.

You had gone before I realized we had missed Circle which I have on DVD.

Next time, then?

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Have you Dressed To Kill?

If not, why? you wealthy American....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    It was the first one we watched, sir.

"Did I leave the gas on?

No...No, I&#39;m a fucking squirrel&#33;"

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Oh.

Must have been all the Cuban rum....

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Originally posted by clocker@1 April 2004 - 12:37
    Oh.

Must have been all the Cuban rum....
    Uh-uh.

Wuz dat demon Turkey.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by clocker+1 April 2004 - 06:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 1 April 2004 - 06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UnOwen1@1 April 2004 - 02:59

Owning a home in america is actually a misnomer. The statistics you quote is actually double-speak for the percentage of americans who have entered into a contract to PURCHACE a home. This can take up to 30 years, If at all. The percentage of americans who actually OWN A HOME&nbsp; (like me, shack as it may be)is more like 12%. and then you never really own it anymore. Miss 3 tax payments, and YOU ARE HISTORY..
    Just so.
    Indeed, many Americans really don&#39;t "own" their cars or any of the big ticket items in their possession...they were purchased on credit.

Credit may be a wonderful thing ( I personally don&#39;t think so), but it leads to the loss of the most important item of all...the freedom to control your future.
    Carrying a giant debt load means that you must consider your ability to make payments above any other priority. [/b][/quote]
    Well that could be said about most developed countries. Few people have the cash to buy outright, however the classification is there because at some point the home will be paid off as oppose to paying rent for the rest of their life, so i personally have no problem with that particular part of the statistics.
    A home owned is considered an asset and can be at risk if one owes money and is unable to pay...property of any kind with monetry value is always at risk.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast