Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Setting Up New Case With My Motherboard

I have 2 front usb's and a mic-in and headphones-out on my case. I hooked up the usb just fine but I cant get the mic and the hp in the right spots but im in worried with that.

My problem is that I cant get any power to my system. I have looked at the manual for my 1st Mainboard AN17 but that doesnt help. This is what the manual shows:

Image Resized
    [img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/theklb999555/mobo1.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

But these are the connectors that I have:

Image Resized
    [img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/theklb999555/mobo2.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

This is where it must go:

Image Resized
    [img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/theklb999555/mobo3.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

There sems to be tape around a small section of the cable that connects to this end and goes to the power button on the case.

Image Resized
    [img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/theklb999555/mobo4.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Tape where?

Just follow your mobo diagram making sure all printing on the plugs faces up or the same way as directed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I found it finally. I opened the front of my case to make sure which one went to the power button. Then I unplugged all the ones from the section of the mobo where I needed to plug them in. And I went through all combonations and finally got some power. It was only for a second or less though Could that be because I have no ram plugged in?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Never tried starting my puter wo ram. Put some ram in & find out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thats the only problem. I just purchased 512 pc2100 online yesterday. Shouold recieve it in a few days though

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Bet thats it then.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hmm... thats weird, i just left it off and flipped the switch in back for about 10-15 min. And it seemed to stay on for about 30 sec.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Imo stop f*cking with it till you get ram.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    The computer should still start without RAM. It tiny PC speaker should beep indicating an error msg. of no RAM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@31 March 2004 - 06:53
    I found it finally. I opened the front of my case to make sure which one went to the power button. Then I unplugged all the ones from the section of the mobo where I needed to plug them in. And I went through all combonations and finally got some power. It was only for a second or less though Could that be because I have no ram plugged in?
    Why can't you find the power switch wire? Right on teh end of teh wire is printed clearly in white letters, 'power switch'...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast