Thread: Mark Mallman

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I just wanted to get the word out on this guy, Mark Mallman.

Mallman pays little mind to the information age as he overhauls the mid-seventies in a blurred haze of drunken pianos and stoned guitar.
    I listen to his music and I hear hear the vocals of The Whitestripes, put to a cross between Bens Fold, Radiohead, David Bowie and a bunch of other great bands. I heard his song The Red Bedroom and I was hooked immediatly. I got the album and love every song on it.

Today I was reading up more on the guy, hoping to catch a concert (I'm going June 5th, BTW), and I found out some interesting stuff.

1. He did a performance called 'The Marathon' where he played for 26 hours straight. It was covered by live television and everything. He couldn't sing for 3 months after that.

2. He faked his own death the night before a performance. His next album was called "How I Lost my Life and Lived to Tell About it" (I ordered it today)

3. He did an in-store performance called 'Human Insect' where he played for 12 hours in a 6'3'2' refridgerator box. All he had was a lamp, a loaf of bread, his keyboard, sampler and a couple of amps.

4. His song, "Human Kind" was produced by Paul Kolderie (Radiohead)

I, personally, live for this kind of stuff. If you are into it also, check out some of his songs and videos at www.mallman.com
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Music   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i couldn't find any of his stuff on soulseek. where did you find yours?

3. Music   -   #3
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I have seen it on kazaa...but it's really hard to find. If you go to the website you can download a few of his songs.

.....It appears his site is down this morning.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com