Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkclown12

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I would hope you will keep asking question's just try and do a little research first. Then look at everyone's suggestions and try them before reposting. I find the search function very helpful on this forum.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by delphin460@2 April 2004 - 12:52
    perhaps a short course at collage or tafe would be more of an advantage to this guy , as you can get some confusing answers here at times

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like  a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,
    Great idea. That's exactly what I'm doing right now.

Actually, I just finished this week's A+ Hardware module exam.
    I'm just killing time until class ends.

Doing a course is definately the way to go. An experienced instructor will teach you what you need to know better and faster than you can teach yourself.

At least thats been my experience. B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    [i]Originally posted by uNz[i]+1 April 2004 - 23:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz @ 1 April 2004 - 23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@2 April 2004 - 12:52
    perhaps a short course at collage or tafe would be more of an advantage to this guy , as you can get some confusing answers here at times

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,
    Great idea. That&#39;s exactly what I&#39;m doing right now.

Actually, I just finished this week&#39;s A+ Hardware module exam.
    I&#39;m just killing time until class ends.

Doing a course is definately the way to go. An experienced instructor will teach you what you need to know better and faster than you can teach yourself.

At least thats been my experience. B) [/b][/quote]
    teachers at my school are a joke, I teach them lol. I helped my computer teacher build his computer...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I see all points and listen to everyones help. I am studying computers at college but just started, so i feel a little hands on expierence might help me excel in my cousres and learn more. I am going for a computer engineering technology degree. Thanks Again

DarkClown12
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    h1
    Without newbies, all communities would die, FFS just leave the guy the fuck alone.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Well, looks like I&#39;ve upset SMA&#33;
    Hey, I&#39;ll tell you what Al, you look back over his posts and remain sympathetic. It&#39;s one thing to ask advice and take it but quite another to ask and then choose which to follow.
    The course that DarkClown has taken is reminiscent of a driver complaining that his car doesn&#39;t handle well, someone recommends he check his tyres so he kicks them and declares they&#39;re fine, then someone else says he shoulda bought a green car so he gets a respray and later complains that his steering jiggles. The original problem was not addressed, the action taken was pointless, and the problem is still there.

I know what it&#39;s like to have a problem that&#39;s hard to track down; I went for months changing hard drives, cables and configurations because XP wasn&#39;t working properly and only found I had a bad stick of RAM after someone pointed me to memtest86 - I&#39;d used other RAM testers (including the BIOS&#39; one) and thought it OK but being able to write to and read from it wasn&#39;t the problem, it was that the data was being corrupted while it was in there.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;ll help people who&#39;ve got problems if I can, but there is a limit - there has to be a limit. When you see a common thread running through as many posts as DarkClown has made, you have to wonder whether all your efforts are wasted.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by haxor41789@2 April 2004 - 06:17
    Without newbies, all communities would die, FFS just leave the guy the fuck alone.
    I don&#39;t have a problem with newbies at all; I&#39;m very tolerant of them.
    DarkClown is not a newbie here, he&#39;s been posting about his problems for ages.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Newbie meaning, in this case, unknowledgable when it comes to computers.

I agree that you should leave the guy alone. You could have pm&#39;d the guy to make your point - why start a thread about him? If he annoys you so much, don&#39;t read his threads.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@2 April 2004 - 03:40
    I agree that you should leave the guy alone. You could have pm&#39;d the guy to make your point - why start a thread about him? If he annoys you so much, don&#39;t read his threads.
    I concur 100%, we will always see people come here in similar fashion and it&#39;s not necessary to ridicule a "personal titled&#39; post. PM works quite well, remember not everyone is on the same caliber of knowledge as most. So we will see tons of requests of all types and repeats as well. Either work with them or don&#39;t, you have a choice...............................
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ya I agree cant wait till clown starts to build his own computer and ask&#39;s hardware world for their opinion . But then again they can be very good with NooBs who are asking many questions and just trying to learn, and better them self&#39;s B)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast