Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkclown12

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I have just reviewed the last 240 of your messages to this forum and of those only four were not about problems you are having.

There are many instances where someone, in an effort to help, has asked you a question and you have either answered another question or volunteered other, almost unrelated, information.

Here's a small summary of what I've seen...
    - Network card drivers won't install because they're somehow fucked up yet later you volunteer that the card is working anyway.
    - Windows XP keeps restoring files on boot.
    - Windows XP isn't copying some files or installing.
    - Windows 98 won't install properly.
    - Your mouse doesn't work.
    - Nero 6 has damaged files.
    - Your temps are very high.
    - Windows 2000 won't boot due to a missing file.
    - Windows XP BSODs or stalls during install.
    - Can't figure out which case wires go where -> changes to nothing appears on the monitor when switched on.
    - How to test CPU... because there's nothing appearing on the monitor.

My forum settings show me 40 topics per page and I got bored after the first 6 pages.

I suspect that people are giving you advice and you're just replying that you've tested or tried what they're suggesting and it's not the problem without even bothering to do it. For instance, in the thread where you want to know how to test an AMD CPU, you post that you tested without a fan and at 19:05 someone told you to check the pins for burning... you replied that there were no black pins at 19:07. I don't believe that you did this in two minutes given the obvious lack of proficiency indicated in your previous posts.

You have hardware problems. You also have no idea what you are doing. You are unwilling to give requested information.
    You need to take your computer(s) to a professional.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    This a complex issue
    this is software world and the peeple are here to help with problems etc.
    Darkclown is ambitious in wanting to learn more, fix more etc about his pc. (instead of blindly giving up &going to prof-like 100000sof people)
    I learnt everything i know about my pc myself - but - i didnot do what DarkCln is doing
    which is to 100%ask people for advice instead of searching the web(google)-reading-testing-installing uninstalling etc
    only came to forums if it was beyond...

so in one way your right and have noticed the eternal loops of darks pc

If i had not read your comments to him in the post about icons disappearing i would not have backed off....not become suspicious - would have continued to aid -until i gave up...

fukthis sounds like a teachers report

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@1 April 2004 - 15:20
    This a complex issue
    Darkclown is ambitious in wanting to learn more, fix more etc about his pc. (instead of blindly giving up &going to prof-like 100000sof people)
    I learnt everything i know about my pc myself - but - i didnot do what DarkCln is doing
    which is to 100%ask people for advice instead of searching the web(google)-reading-testing-installing uninstalling etc

If i had not read your comments to him in the post about icons disappearing i would not have backed off....not become suspicious - would have continued to aid -until i gave up...

You're darn tootin' it's complex; I think he's got two boxes.

He's had problems with 98, 2000 and XP, and all of them would point to faulty hardware - RAM most likely, but failing hard drive close behind. When I asked about his RAM he just flatly said he'd tested it, but I don't think he has. He told me he used the one I recommended, when someone that had downloaded it, followed instructions and left it running would know it's name FFS.

I am more than willing to help people (shit, we all are otherwise we wouldn't be here) and enjoy doing it, but this guy seems to read advice and only follow it if he thinks it might cure the problem. That's not insurmountable if you've got a clue, but he's a n00b FCOL and he needs to actually try all the suggestions.

edit: proofed
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well I appreciate all of the comments and thanks for reviewing my post, but I am surly learning more and more everyday. If i post fast maybe its because i have checked it before the supposed answer was posted to my problem. I check out every detail and make sure i try my best with my abilities. Also i want to give thanks to everyones help and suggestions and i follow them out. But i know everything on a pc isn't perfect and they all have problems at one point and time. So thats why i ask questions to get things going my friends. So in conclusion i now have two good running rigs with windows xp on both, but minor problems on my 2nd rig that i am trying to work on. But other than that life is good and i want to build another pc. So maybe i will ask everyones input on what to buy and what to put in my machine. So until then thank you and looking foward to your input.

thanx

DarkClown12
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+1 April 2004 - 19:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK &#064; 1 April 2004 - 19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Zedaxax@1 April 2004 - 15:20
    This a complex issue

You&#39;re darn tootin&#39; it&#39;s complex; I think he&#39;s got two boxes.

He&#39;s had problems with 98, 2000 and XP, ........................

I am more than willing to help people (shit, we all are otherwise we wouldn&#39;t be here) and enjoy doing it, but this guy seems to read advice and only follow it if he thinks it might cure the problem. That&#39;s not insurmountable if you&#39;ve got a clue, but he&#39;s a n00b FCOL and he needs to actually try all the suggestions.

edit: proofed[/b][/quote]
    Thanks Chewie, good job on research

my complements to you, your effort is not wasted, perhaps this
    youngster will one day help others and have the talent to understand
    that this forum is for help and not to be abused.

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I see your point and will continue this discussion later.
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    clear
    Last edited by SciManAl; 03-15-2006 at 04:23 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SciManAl@1 April 2004 - 17:59
    Since when was one not allowed to ask questions?
    Not everyone is a smartass, ya know.
    Not everyone is that smart GET OVER IT
    I ask allot of questions, I DON"T KNOW EVERYTHING
    asking questions is how you learn things... so why are you saying no to asking questions?

secondly, he does have more than 1 computer, why do you care? &nbsp; it not illegal&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

ok so he has some questions that AREn&#39;t so well thought out, but NOT EVERYONE IS PERFECT SO SHUT UP. this is a topic just to flame someone&#33; so stop it&#33;

he doesn&#39;t have anything to offer to help so don&#39;t expect him to be able to help, HE needs help... him= :helpsmile:

lol come on guys thius what this forum is for...&nbsp; &nbsp; are you all gone crazy since i left?
    lol havent sen u in a while. but anyway i agree with you, the guy knew nothing about building computers (no offence darkclown) and I have spent hours at a time on msn messenger trying to help him get his second rig working. the problem IS obviously hardware related (he bought a 20 dollar mobo lol) but he was persistent to trying to get an operating system running on that computer, and finally he did somehow. everytime he had problems that I wasnt sure of the answer I told him to post on the forum because I beleive that there has got to be someone out there who has seen the problem he was having at the time and so he posted it. you guys have no idea how many questions I have answered for him so STFU and leave the guy alone&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    perhaps a short course at collage or tafe would be more of an advantage to this guy , as you can get some confusing answers here at times

i realy think you need some sort of basic training clown , nothing like a bit of hands on to make it all sink in ,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast