Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Internet Provider Says Stop Uploading!

Poster
    will ur isp still no wat ur downloading even with the privacy patch?
    ice ice baby

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Originally posted by leecheskicked@15 March 2003 - 18:22
    Friend of mine had one of these letters posted to heim from his ISP, BT Broadband, a UK company. but it wasn't for a film it was for GTA3
    Oh Shit
    How long ago was this?

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Poster
    damm, UK companies are doin it now .. glad i installed the privacy patch.. hope it will help
    ice ice baby

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Tell your internet provider to "kiss your ass." You pay for bandwidth, and they cannot tell you how to use it. They can wave their acceptable usage policy back and forth, but in the end, they imply unlimited bandwidth, and they have to provide it.

However, it seems large companies and corporations play by their own rules, with their own lawyers. The pressure is then put on the consumer to hold them to their word.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    I got something like this letter from Shaw in Canada. They didn't say anything about just 'what' files, just something about excessive bandwidth. Then they followed up with a phone call and during that said it was the upload bandwidth that was the problem, not the download.

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    Re BT Broadband and GTA3, it was just before christmas

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Strange I got BT broadband at Xmas and have been downloading ever since and haven't heard a thing
    Maybe they've stop giving a damn

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    sory about double post but just remembered, funny thing about that letter was it specified GTA3, he had loads of other games as well as films, including 2 towers and the new harry potter, they weren't even mentioned, I live 2 doors away an had the same files, but i'm on Telewest broadband and the only letters i get from them are red ones

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    stop uploading?!?! some of us here pay for our internet so we should be able to upload

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    I've been reading here for a few hours to see what people do when their ISP sends them a letter about files they're sharing. Lots of people think that because the person is new that they're 'scare mongering' and others are sick of the topic altogether. Well... some of you know me, even though I'm new here, and I just received one of those letters today from Comcast. I have had AT&T Broadband Internet for at least the last 3 years, paying through the nose every month without complaint, and now that Comcast has taken them over, I get one of these letters - the very same one that is posted to this topic. My ticket number is 187221 - I feel bad for 187222

What I did was reply to the email, tell them that I do not have the file they mentioned on my computer, and left it at that. I've never even remotely thought about switching to DSL, but one more of these letters and I'll gladly walk my cable modem over to their office and throw it through their window. I actually thought that service was going to improve with Comcast. It's kinda sad to know that they're just another gear in the wheel, ya know?

Lucky for me, I have 4 email addresses with them, so I can claim stupidity. And just so you all know, it was "The Life of David Gale" that they were up in arms about. I'm going to install a few things and hopefully get them off my back for a while, cuz this could get really annoying if everytime I open my email box I see this kinda bullsh*t.

And no, switching to another broadband provider in my neck of the woods isn't an option, there is no other provider.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast