Thread: Help! Internet Explorer

blank BT Rep: +1
    my internet explorer has gone mad. Firstly over the last few days it started blocking or not connecting to adverts or links on web pages

now it wont connect to any page at all and comes up with the error page saying unable to connect to server.

i have looked at the hosts file and nothing is there, i am not blocking any sites (to my knowledge) through my firewall.

what is wrong? what can i do?

i am only able to connect web page bit in kazaa
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    maybe you have some ad blocking entries in your hosts file. Look in your windows or windows\system32\drivers\etc folder and remove the entries.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    i already have looked there. only local host

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    1.Do you have a problem connection to the internet in general or just web browsing in internet explorer?

2.Have you tried the “reset web settings” in the programs tab in internet explorer proprieties?

3.Maybe scan your system for spyware/viruses? Try a different web browser like mozilla.

Anyways if your problem is 1 then maybe your firewall is somehow miss-config or something is wrong with your isp. Maybe you can give more detail?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@1 April 2004 - 18:35
    1.Do you have a problem connection to the internet in general or just web browsing in internet explorer?

2.Have you tried the “reset web settings” in the programs tab in internet explorer proprieties?

3.Maybe scan your system for spyware/viruses? Try a different web browser like mozilla.

Anyways if your problem is 1 then maybe your firewall is somehow miss-config or something is wrong with your isp. Maybe you can give more detail?
    1) just web browsing. As i said it started blocking adverts and links to other pages a few days ago and now simply says cannot find server for all pages

2)just tried that and will let you know what happens

3)done with adaware and only found 3 tracking cookies -removed

running sygate pro and it doesnt show any of the connections being blocked in the packet or traffic logs. ISP i dont know about

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    cant you just reinstall internet explorer

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    whats that going to do? apart from the obvious. What i am trying to say/ask, is there another file like hosts that is blocking it?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    h1
    Originally posted by Krillick@1 April 2004 - 14:19
    cant you just reinstall internet explorer
    It's bound with Windows (shell), one of the reasons it sucks so much.