Thread: New Widescreen Laptops

Poster
    I have seen all these new laptops and they all come with really weird resolutions, and its because of the widescreen monitor, i now this is the best to watch DVD's but what happens with games, lets say i play Counter Strike @ 800*600 what happens with the game, does the game shrinks to fit the screen or it stays centered so it is displayed @ 800*600

Thanks...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@1 April 2004 - 21:21
    I have seen all these new laptops and they all come with really weird resolutions, and its because of the widescreen monitor, i now this is the best to watch DVD's but what happens with games, lets say i play Counter Strike @ 800*600 what happens with the game, does the game shrinks to fit the screen or it stays centered so it is displayed @ 800*600

Thanks...
    Does the game have widescreen mode? I think if it doesnt it will either be stretched, it will be centered like you said, the tops will be cut off, or maybe they will make the view bigger so you see more at the sides

Try on your computer changing it to one of those resolutions on teh laptops and see what happens

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+2 April 2004 - 02:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 2 April 2004 - 02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y@1 April 2004 - 21:21
    I have seen all these new laptops and they all come with really weird resolutions, and its because of the widescreen monitor, i now this is the best to watch DVD&#39;s but what happens with games, lets say i play Counter Strike @ 800*600 what happens with the game, does the game shrinks to fit the screen or it stays centered so it is displayed @ 800*600

Thanks...
    Does the game have widescreen mode? I think if it doesnt it will either be stretched, it will be centered like you said, the tops will be cut off, or maybe they will make the view bigger so you see more at the sides

Try on your computer changing it to one of those resolutions on teh laptops and see what happens [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the response, but i cant put that resolution in my monitor, cus its not widescreen...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y+1 April 2004 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz-Y @ 1 April 2004 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@2 April 2004 - 02:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y
    @1 April 2004 - 21:21
    I have seen all these new laptops and they all come with really weird resolutions, and its because of the widescreen monitor, i now this is the best to watch DVD&#39;s but what happens with games, lets say i play Counter Strike @ 800*600 what happens with the game, does the game shrinks to fit the screen or it stays centered so it is displayed @ 800*600

Thanks...

Try on your computer changing it to one of those resolutions on teh laptops and see what happens
    Thanks for the response, but i cant put that resolution in my monitor, cus its not widescreen... [/b][/quote]
    oh right lol...i thought the resolutions would still be available but I just realized they arent...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Have you ever tried to play a game not in 800 x 600 resolution? You have the option to change the video size in CS. Im sure if you can get it to go widescreen, I doubt it, but you can get up well above 1280 x 1024 and then I assume it leaves the sides black.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.