Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What's Wrong With Norton Av

Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    Then there"s a lot of dead pussy in the world
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    Well up to nortons 2003 had no problems, but with nortons 2004 i cant load onto both my computers on my network as it wont work properly on my second computer it loads ok but it wont scan and it tries to run from a different file then the other computer. anyone had this problem or got the answer to it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    the corporate 8.1 has no probs. i've used it before. great av. but now, i think nod32 is pretty good. mainly cuz it uses so little resources

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@4 April 2004 - 09:21
    i must admit, i've used norton for 3 years, and no virus has hit my pc, not even that blaster thing. let's see if nod32 can do the same
    same i switch over because of the scan time

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    guess wat, nod32 can suck my furry balls! it fucked up my bt. all my threads in Bitorrent category is because of nod32!!!! i switched back to norton, and the internet disconnnections went away. if u want to use bt successfully, don't use nod32!!!!

now it works fine. good old norton

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@10 April 2004 - 17:41
    guess wat, nod32 can suck my furry balls! it fucked up my bt. all my threads in Bitorrent category is because of nod32!!!! i switched back to norton, and the internet disconnnections went away. if u want to use bt successfully, don't use nod32!!!!  

Thanks for the info. I was going to give nod a try but I guess I'll stick with norton corp.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    Originally posted by shn+10 April 2004 - 18:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 10 April 2004 - 18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@10 April 2004 - 17:41
    guess wat, nod32 can suck my furry balls&#33; it fucked up my bt. all my threads in Bitorrent category is because of nod32&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i switched back to norton, and the internet disconnnections went away. if u want to use bt successfully, don&#39;t use nod32&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thanks for the info. I was going to give nod a try but I guess I&#39;ll stick with norton corp. [/b][/quote]
    is it true that corp uses less resources and scans better?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+10 April 2004 - 18:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 10 April 2004 - 18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@10 April 2004 - 18:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @10 April 2004 - 17:41
    guess wat, nod32 can suck my furry balls&#33; it fucked up my bt. all my threads in Bitorrent category is because of nod32&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i switched back to norton, and the internet disconnnections went away. if u want to use bt successfully, don&#39;t use nod32&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &nbsp;

Thanks for the info. I was going to give nod a try but I guess I&#39;ll stick with norton corp.
    is it true that corp uses less resources and scans better?[/b][/quote]
    Yes it is true. I&#39;m not saying that just to be saying it either. I knew it would use less anyway before I even tried it. My UNI uses it and a lot of companies use it as well. So it has to be designed to minimize resources, especially on a network.

One of the reasons it is lite is because when it&#39;s used on a network it updates it&#39;s definitions from a central server on the same network which gets the definitions from norton.

A home user only uses the client and therefore only gets defs from norton. It has it&#39;s downs. You must update manually. Which is better for me anyway. You can schedule it to update automatically if you use windows task scheduler or norton even has the option in corp I think but I never use it. And Norton implies that defs are available every 7 days, but I have updated on more than one occasion within 2 or 3 days instead of 7 so I don&#39;t know why they say that.

If Norton Corp was crap, I would not recommend it...............If I was recommending crap I would say "Try AVG&#33;"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567