Thread: Another Stupid Question

Old Fella
    I'm downloading a movie using ABC. Had problems connecting to tracker but now have connection but no download happening, just uploads. Is this because an incomplete file is being shared or are their just not enough seeders? I'm 40% through a file that should be 1457 Mb. Any suggestions appreciated.

Edit: forgot to state that status shows connecting to peers, but does not normally take this long.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED
    If its just the odd one ,few it does happen mate.I had a album the day took 2 days to finish.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Ah, the old "be patient" line. Thought that would be the case, so it's not just on KL (darn, can't jump supernodes )

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    ABC shows you how many seeders and peers there are so you can see pretty fast if nobody has the complete file.
    Additionally it shows you #seeing copies if this is bigger than one there should be at least one complete copy flying around

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    If you are downloading a newly posted and popular torrent with only 1 or 2 seeds you will find most leeches have approx the same amount downloaded and you will all march slowly forward as the download from the original seed percolates the swarm. Quite often you will be stuck at 0% download while you wait for the next piece to arrive. You will of course be uploading to the newer leeches who arent up to the highest swarm count.

If you want to go faster in these cases your best bet is to stop the download for a day or so and come back when the initial swarm has reached 100% (assuming enough of them have not frelled off).

I use Azureus and the info it provides about your download status is very good.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Burst is good on the info front