Thread: Regcleaner

Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    i think the time has come to get some kind of reg cleaning program but im warery about this coz i dont know if it will mess up programs where ive used a _ _ _ _ _ . u know the word

i dont know if this is right or not so con u all post me if u know anything on this subject. cheers.

oh and if u can give us a view on any reg program u rate

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    One of the better ones is RegSeeker...it is very simple to use and understand...it"s designed for the novice or expert user..and it is also free...it is self explanatory and very efficient B)

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Mullyman@2 April 2004 - 22:08
    One of the better ones is RegSeeker...it is very simple to use and understand...it"s designed for the novice or expert user..and it is also free...it is self explanatory and very efficient B)

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
    is it safe to use........if u know what i mean?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I'm partial to jv16 powertools, I've been using it since back when it was free. Now I have a newer cracked version.

No, it shouldn't mess up the programs you have acquired. All cleaners I have used make a backup file just in case something goes wrong.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Reg cleaner is pretty good, but just be really careful around system files in there

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm very familar with both RegSeeker & RegCleaner. Both are excellent. And they both have default backups. So I suggest deleting 1 or 2 entries at a time. Then using all cr*cked programs. And all programs that are referenced by the deleted entries. That way you can always restore the backup & be OK. But be smart & go SLOWLY!
    Again I say both are excellent programs. There a lot of pos registry cleaning programs. These are the best & both are freeware.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    most of the reg cleaners are good , the problem usualy comes around when ppl misuse reg cleaners then blame them for currupting there pc,s

everytime i have heard someone complain about a reg cleaner , its usualy because they tried to use a reg cleaner after there computer started playing up ect , then blame it for stuffing up

if you use any of the reg cleaners on a regular basis, and when you comp is working fine , they all do there job great

in my opinion reg cleaners arnt ment to be used as recovery software, just maintenance tools to keep your pc running fine

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    RegSupreme

A super fast, lightweight standalone registry cleaner.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Useing both regseeker and regcleaner great program's. I have not had a problem . But I like to think I know what I'm doing Stay away from DLL FILES THO! I run these tools under options in regcleaner.
    1]OLE Cleaner
    2]Orphan Finder
    3]Auto reg cleaner.
    Never had a problem in two years. I like to install a new program then check regcleaner to see what the new program installed. You get to understand better,some program's may put two or three entries in the registry. You can disable start up programs too. Or uninstall that bloody uninstall entry thats still hanging around.

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/regcleaner.htm

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by peat moss@3 April 2004 - 02:35
    Useing both regseeker and regcleaner great program's. I have not had a problem . But I like to think I know what I'm doing Stay away from DLL FILES THO! I run these tools under options in regcleaner.
    1]OLE Cleaner
    2]Orphan Finder
    3]Auto reg cleaner.
    Never had a problem in two years. I like to install a new program then check regcleaner to see what the new program installed. You get to understand better,some program's may put two or three entries in the registry. You can disable start up programs too. Or uninstall that bloody uninstall entry thats still hanging around.

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/regcleaner.htm
    to right, im reg mechanic and regcleaner and i cant believe the crap whats been left over from prievious programs.

y the fuck do they stay in ur reg anyway, is it just the way it is or does the software companies get some kind of benifit out of leaving all there shit in ur registry?