Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Virus?

sometimes when i open up a new window of IE, it doesn thav ehte same toolbars up and soemtimes it doesnt even have the adress bar. also, the windows logo with the white square is larger than usual.

has this happened to anyone else?

i did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies and wildtangent.
    I using the housecall online virus scanner now. before it even started scanning it said it found some malware thing. could that have been the cause?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i had that one whenever i open a new window two window would pop up one the window i wanted and the other a allaboutsearching toolbar i got rid of it with hijackthis

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    use spybot

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Could be a virus, but more likely to be stubborn spyware.
    Links to any legit spyware removal program

For virus scanning, I wouldn't use an online scanner.
    nsane always has the latest NOD32 on-demand scanner, that's if you don't want to install a full anti-virus. The only ones I would ever recommend would be AVG (there's a free version that's great, but pro is just that much better), and NOD32, which you can check out the trial version.

But you can always block stuff like this with the HOSTS file. I made my own Supertrick installer. haxor41789 was nice enough to host it.
    Supertrick XG

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well, i havent had the problem since the online scanner got rid of that malware thing.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Press F11 and everything will actually return to normal B)
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    what does that do?

man, i just got this virus again. it doesnt let you close iE windows and if you try to open task manager, you just hear oen of those error sounds, but with no error message. i used that online virus scanner again, but it didnt find anything. and ad-aware and spybot didnt find anything

also, it doesnt let you click links in already existing IE windows, and if you open a new IE window, the page doesnt load.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    im not looking to remove my toolbars.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    You running XP? If that&#39;s the case, you need to turn off system restore. The same goes for if you&#39;re runnning on (I&#39;ll gouge out my eyes if you say you have it) Windows ME....

You might need HijackThis&#33; or CWShredder for those pain-in-the-ass spyware.

McAfee AVERT Stinger may help. Even though I don&#39;t like McAfee, this tool is cool.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast