Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram Problem Maybe.....

Hi,

:beerchug:

For about the last 2 weeks iv been able to finnaly download from Suprnova (i had router troubles before) but all the new games i get are split with .rar Now theres fair enough no problems there, they download fast no poblems there. The problem starts when i try to extract them. Useing WinRAR it gives off a different RAR being faulty or messed up each time. QuickSFV shows different RAR's being messed up as well sometimes.

The error it gives out is CRC (or something along those slines) Error. You know the ones you use to get with K Lite.
    It seems that whenever i try to extract sometime thats RAR'd i different part comes up messed up or damaged.

Now im thinking its a RAM problem.

This is my RAM setup:
    • 2 Sticks
    • 0 free slots
    • both sticks 256mb
    • one stick Samsung PC2100
    • one stick Nanya PC2700
    • DDR Ram
    My other Specs are:
    • Amd Duron Xp1600
    • 512mb Ram (See Above)
    • Geforce 4 MX440 128mb Version
    • 1 Fan, 1 CPu cooler
    • 2 hard drives, one 20Gb one 15gb, both 5400RPM speed
    • Brand New Aopen Mobo SKT A
    • 400Watt PSU
    I think that about covers it, Oh yeah, and sometimes games just seem to close for no reason, Ut2004 demo and Ut2003 give a genral fault error, if i get oe again i will copy the text into here. But its not a built in MS error message its one that is built in for the UT franchise.

Any help would be great

and BTW i was really board so i made this colourful arn't i nice person

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@31 March 2004 - 12:02
    Hi,

:beerchug:

For about the last 2 weeks iv been able to finnaly download from Suprnova (i had router troubles before) but all the new games i get are split with .rar Now theres fair enough no problems there, they download fast no poblems there. The problem starts when i try to extract them. Useing WinRAR it gives off a different RAR being faulty or messed up each time. QuickSFV shows different RAR's being messed up as well sometimes.

The error it gives out is CRC (or something along those slines) Error. You know the ones you use to get with K Lite.
    It seems that whenever i try to extract sometime thats RAR'd i different part comes up messed up or damaged.

Now im thinking its a RAM problem.

This is my RAM setup:
    • 2 Sticks
    • 0 free slots
    • both sticks 256mb
    • one stick Nanya PC2700
    • DDR Ram
    My other Specs are:
    • Amd Duron Xp1600
    • 512mb Ram (See Above)
    • Geforce 4 MX440 128mb Version
    • 1 Fan, 1 CPu cooler
    • 2 hard drives, one 20Gb one 15gb, both 5400RPM speed
    • Brand New Aopen Mobo SKT A
    • 400Watt PSU
    I think that about covers it, Oh yeah, and sometimes games just seem to close for no reason, Ut2004 demo and Ut2003 give a genral fault error, if i get oe again i will copy the text into here. But its not a built in MS error message its one that is built in for the UT franchise.

Any help would be great

and BTW i was really board so i made this colourful arn't i nice person
    first, post this in the appropriate section before you jump to conclusions... but while ur here, ill try to help:
    • one stick Nanya PC2700

my experience with RAM is not the best but im thinking that having diff. freq. ram in the same system could be a bad thing... but i dunno...

usually, corny ram issues are designated with a mis-addressed windows error: x app faulted when trying to access x mem address: the mem could not be ("written"/"read")

or ur comp will crash

search the net for non-windows based ram checkers(i mean boot-disk based). disable quick-POSTing in the BIOS (gives it a full 3 mins to check the ram). run folding@home overnight for 5 days and see if anything fucks up...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I can't run Folding@home, my pc bombs out and just turns off after doing to much full work (its a CPU problem i think, but i really can't be arsed to fix that right now.

post this in the appropriate section before you jump to conclusions
    what do you mean? Its hardware?

usually, corny ram issues are designated with a mis-addressed windows error: x app faulted when trying to access x mem address: the mem could not be ("written"/"read")
    I dont get none of that shit at all.

or ur comp will crash
    yes...but i know not ram related its a CPU problems and my new mobo.

Thnx for teh quick reply

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+31 March 2004 - 13:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy &#064; 31 March 2004 - 13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I can&#39;t run Folding@home, my pc bombs out and just turns off after doing to much full work (its a CPU problem i think, but i really can&#39;t be arsed to fix that right now.[/b]
    look if ur comp cant do f@h then theres an issue cuz it should work with ur specs its prolly the ram then .

Originally posted by peerzyboy@31 March 2004 - 13:02
    no the original issue is prolly software or relatred to p2p

its an error message that windows loads when an app fails to read/write to the ram

<!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    @31 March 2004 - 13:02
    Thnx for teh quick reply[/quote]
    ur welcome

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Lick My Lovepump
    http://www.memtest86.com/

Download and run.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@31 March 2004 - 13:09
    http://www.memtest86.com/

Download and run.
    good 1 madcat... i was reffering to that but didnt know the web page lol...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by atiVidia+31 March 2004 - 18:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia &#064; 31 March 2004 - 18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    I can&#39;t run Folding@home, my pc bombs out and just turns off after doing to much full work (its a CPU problem i think, but i really can&#39;t be arsed to fix that right now.
    look if ur comp cant do f@h then theres an issue cuz it should work with ur specs its prolly the ram then .

its an error message that windows loads when an app fails to read/write to the ram

<!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    Thnx for teh quick reply
    ur welcome [/b][/quote]
    That happens to me quite a lot actually, generally when Windows, the bastard that it is, creates "video folders" and tries to preview every half downloaded movie I click on. Needless to say it can&#39;t, since its not there yet, causing a crappy error like above.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+31 March 2004 - 14:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 31 March 2004 - 14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by atiVidia@31 March 2004 - 18:05
    I can&#39;t run Folding@home, my pc bombs out and just turns off after doing to much full work (its a CPU problem i think, but i really can&#39;t be arsed to fix that right now.

<!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    Thnx for teh quick reply

ur welcome
    That happens to me quite a lot actually, generally when Windows, the bastard that it is, creates "video folders" and tries to preview every half downloaded movie I click on. Needless to say it can&#39;t, since its not there yet, causing a crappy error like above. [/b][/quote]
    i never have that problem... actually the only time ive ever had an issue with that error was with one prog i made that read the ram and hacked flash files... lol it would write the ram, but when the flash app tried to read from it it would pop the error and after hitting ok it would BSOD

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    How long should mentest86 take?

i did it for 2 hours str8 and it only did 4 out of 12 tests.

No errors in them but fooking hell...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    It also could be your power supply.I had a bad one a couple of weeks ago and everything was fooked up.I tried to install games and it couldn&#39;t find files on the disc,also similar problems to what you are having.I swapped my old PSU back in and problem was gonzo.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast