Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi Captured Guns For Sale!

Iraqi Captured guns for sale!

Its come to my attention via back channels & the AP news service, that President Bush has a card up his sleeve.... and he is going to take care of us gun owners!!

Its just now starting to come out that Bush, with the support of the NRA and other government agencies, is going to start a federal traveling "Gun show" of sorts... where he is going to be selling off a large portion of the guns captured by US forces in Iraq, to US citizens who are legally allowed by LAW to purchase firearms.

The shows are scheduled to take place at the local National Guard Armory buildings... which can host shows up to the size of 500 tables.

He will be suspending, via executive order, current state laws in areas which would prohibit this sale of guns.

Not only is this awesome for us gunowners... to get a chance to own a Tariq pistol... or an Iraqi AK.... or many of the thousands of unique, collectible guns... but ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THESE WEAPONS WILL GO TO PAY BACK THE AMERICAN TAX PAYER FOR THE COST OF THE WAR!

the gun shows are scheduled to start in 2 months... with several shows being held simultaniously... around the USA... and traveling from state to state.

Guns not sold will be available to the CMP later on this year... and will be liquidated to various distributors across the USA for direct sales via "Shotgun News" and such.

From what I heard... prices will be like this:

Tariq pistols.... $90

Iraqi AK (semi auto only... arsenal refinshed).. $150

Collector grade guns... $200 to $400

Class III weapons will also be sold to those allowed to purchase.

The collector grade guns include:

C96 Mauser pistols

Lugers

Original Colts imported to Iraq back int he 1960's era

Russian Nagants & Makarovs

Gold plated Tariq "officer" BAATH party pistols

Rare & unique revolvers & auto's...

Many, many rare & Unique rifles... from Mausers to Winchesters, which had been captured.

Ammo & other keep sakes & trophies will be available for sale... including medals, Iraqi flags, captured documents, photos, and pieces taken from Iraqi palaces.

Save your money folks!! This show has no buying limit!!

When asked, the AP reported that Bush says in a private interview that this was his way of not only helping to repay the debt owned to the tax payer, but his way of showing support to the American Gun owners & collectors, who helped to get him elected!

April What ?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Double Agent
    yes i can use some of these...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    i want an AK seriously. those guns are cool, but i'd much rather have an XM8

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

There might be no buying limit but I seriously doubt if there will be enough guns to make much of a dent in the tax dollars flowing out of the US. The population of Iraq was only 23 million. Given that they need to keep to keep most of the best weapons for the new army I think any such sale will be strictly "first come first served" - and by the looks of it Troublemaker has reserved the best stuff for himself.

A definite April the 1st story.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    What? Bush is going to sell the only WMD that the Iraqis had to Americans.
    i find it hard to think this is a reality, however should something like this actually happen then perhaps all proceeds should go to helping the Iraqi people that supposedly suffered at the hands of the original owners of these firearms to help pay for things like schools, nutrition and healthcare.....just a thought

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Cost of the War

And what could have been done with this money.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 April 2004 - 07:15
    Cost of the War

It would be used to exterminate rodents that have mutated into human like appearances.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 April 2004 - 04:15
    Cost of the War

i'm not sure if the cost quoted includes the troops pay, which we would have had to pay anyway, however it is very enlightening as to what america (our leaders) could do but choose not to

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 April 2004 - 05:15
    Cost of the War

But where does the money go?

It comes right back to us.

edit: not that this is a great thing, yes it oculd have been put to better uses, but it could be worse.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Kab

An interesting take on Keynesian "priming the pump" economics.

It doesn't want matter what the money is spent on as it will stimulate the economy. As I recall, the example he used was digging a hole and then filling it back in.

However, I suspect Keynes imagined most the money being spent in the country that was paying the taxes.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast