Thread: What Are The Odds ?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    source

THE odds that God exists are two to one in favour, a scientist has calculated.

Devout Christian Dr Stephen Unwin worked out the figure using a 200-year-old maths equation.

It takes into account the existence of evil, suffering, miracles, supernatural events and human morality.

The Manchester-born academic - whose previous job was predicting for the US Government the odds of a nuclear accident - said: "This project was a journey home, a reconciliation of my faith and education."

But Dr Unwin, 47, of Columbus, Ohio, insisted he was 90 per cent sure God was real.

His calculations are set out in a new book, The Probability of God, out next month.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen too many bad things in the world, so if i was a betting man i would bet on the non existance.
    I wonder if his calculations would have been the same if he wasn't a devout christian...but then he is only 90% sure, so he is still being as scientific as he can

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by vidcc@5 April 2004 - 16:30

It takes into account the existence of evil, suffering, miracles, supernatural events and human morality.

Maybe he'd get a more realistic result if he also took into account COLD HARD FACTS!

Muppet...

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    But those who are sure God doesn't exist always are very eager to prove that by saying there is so many evil...Maybe we just don't notice it but there are so many good things as well

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    He is 90% sure of the existence of god yet he has worked it out to be 66%. This will give students a lot less faith, in their tutors.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Muppet... [/QUOTE]
    Muppets are do not exist either Colin. Humans have a hand in their movements.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    This just proves that you can prove anything with statistics

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigboab@5 April 2004 - 11:46
    Muppet...

Muppets are do not exist either Colin. Humans have a hand in their movements.
    [/quote]
    Humans have a hand in.....
    Their asses!

Dr Stephen Unwin obviously is in desperate need of facts to support his emotional crutch...

I hope that 90% is enough to justify his existence

There's no 'I' in 'team'. But then there's no 'I' in 'useless smug colleague', either.
    And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.