Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To All You Duke Fans!

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

Go back home!

We lose by one Point and so do you.Life is so sweet.One day you will sign a Contract and stop running from us.....the Kentucky Wildcats!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    What are you talking about?!?

Klite Clan : <span style='color:purple'> [ThE_Def-EndERS]</span>
    [Clan Site]

3. Lounge   -   #3
    what duke?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Have to be an American to understand.Sorry.

Unless you are Adster.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Pat Forde of the The Courier-Journal(Louisville NewsPaper) also part of ESPN.....

Ten Reasons It&#39;s OK To Cheer Against Duke:

1. General fatigue. I&#39;m Duked out. The trust funders in face paint hopping up and down in unison in Cameron Indoor Stadium, the players&#39; hands slapping the floor, Mike Krzyzewski badgering another official ... enough.

We have term limits for presidents in this country — why not a term limit for college basketball dynasties? Perpetual overdogs eventually become annoying.

2. The entitlement factor. The Blue Devils unilaterally are ascribed class and piety, and they like it that way. Duke wallows in its pristine image.

Now that an inevitable Blue Devils backlash has arisen, Duke alum John Feinstein stepped forward to write a column last month decrying the nastiness poor CoachK and his players must endure.

Krzyzewski has had enough success and adulation that he&#39;s now allowed to operate by a different set of rules. You need your thumb scanned to gain access to the elevator to his office (seriously). He&#39;s rarely available to the media during the regular season. And those quickie halftime sideline TV interviews? They&#39;re now the duty of the assistant coaches. Coach K is too big to be bothered.

3. Pete Gaudet: thrown under the bus. When he took over as interim head coach for the ailing Krzyzewski in 1995, Duke went 4-15. Coach K graciously had that portion of the season affixed to Gaudet&#39;s career record, not his own.

4. The race card. If you don&#39;t think the routine presence of white stars has something to do with Duke&#39;s popularity with some fans, you&#39;re naive. I don&#39;t believe the Blue Devils actively court the White Power constituency, but it comes with the package.

5. Wojo. This isn&#39;t Steve Wojciechowski&#39;s fault, but no player better personifies the Overrated Caucasian Dookie phenomenon than the former point guard and current assistant coach.

The fact that Wojo was named the national Defensive Player of the Year in 1998 must produce peals of laughter from Wayne Turner, the University of Kentucky point guard who obliterated Wojo in the &#39;98 regional final. Interstate road signs aren&#39;t driven past as many times as Wojo was that day.

The Krzyzewski-Wojo lovefest produced this Velveeta prose in the Duke media guide: "Steve Wojciechowski, rushing across the court after Duke&#39;s 1998 victory over North Carolina, looking for his coach. The coach catching his player&#39;s eyes and finding him through a rush of fans streaming on the court to celebrate. Ultimately, the two embrace with tears running down their cheeks, in celebration of the accomplishment and the relationship between coach and player."

Please.

6. The media. Wojo wouldn&#39;t have been so overrated if it hadn&#39;t been for the folks in the media who love their Duke. And now Dookie talking heads are taking over TV.

Jay Bilas on ESPN (admittedly, an excellent analyst). Seth Davis on CBS. Some folks suspect that Dick Vitale has been accorded an honorary Duke doctorate.

7. The refs. Krzyzewski used to rail that Dean Smith got calls because he was Dean Smith. Now the rest of America says the same thing about Coach K.

Especially after the 2001 Final Four, when the Dookies seemed to get every favorable whistle against Maryland and Arizona. The sight of Jason Williams, already in foul trouble, body-surfing on the back of Jason Gardner — no call&#33; — remains vivid.

8. The smudges. For all the piety, there is the inky issue of Corey Maggette, who took money from summer-league scammer Myron Piggie. Yahoo&#33; sports columnist Dan Wetzel opined this week that a thorough investigation and resolution of the Maggette issue might result in the Blue Devils&#39; 1999 Final Four appearance being stricken from the record. An NCAA enforcement representative said Thursday that it has investigated and found no impropriety.

And then there is the issue of former Krzyzewski assistant Quin Snyder, now up to his carefully styled locks in scandal at Missouri.

9. The dogs. Krzyzewski had two canines a couple of years ago named Defense and Cameron. If that isn&#39;t enough to make you hurl, what is?

10. Christian Laettner. OK, so darling Christian easily could be reasons 1 through 8 — especially in the commonwealth. (He&#39;d certainly top Aminu Timberlake&#39;s list.) Nobody says Duke Smug like Laettner.

But when it comes to the cornucopia of reasons to cheer against Duke, why limit yourself to one guy?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    On Topic:
    [I have no idea what this topic is about]

Off Topic:
    Hey there FC, havn&#39;t seen you post in a while. Hows it going?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I&#39;m so happy for UConn. It was looking bleek at one point.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Busyman@4 April 2004 - 05:35
    I&#39;m so happy for UConn. It was looking bleek at one point.
    I know.Just wish OK.State could be there also.

Ohhh well.It was one of the best Final Fours ever.3 Points between both Games.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    That&#39;s what makes it exciting.

I don&#39;t like blowouts unless it&#39;s my team winning.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    oh ffs....i&#39;d be pissed too if i went out in........what......the second round?

where the fk is blitz, he may have a copy of our pm session last night,
    where i made it clear what happened...
    my ex bitch walked in and jinxed duke...
    as soon as she entered the fkn house uconn had that 9 pt run
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast