Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Math Vacation Homework Help- Again Lol

i have a problem. It is as follows:

When point (-2,7) is reflected in the line x=1, the image is....
    (1) (7,2)
    (2) (-2,-5)
    (3) (4,7)
    (4) 0,7)

I need to know how to do it. If anyone can help with this, I have more without multiple choices. Thanks a lot guys.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Why don't you just try drawing it? Surely the answer will be clear then

3. Lounge   -   #3
    i need to know if there is something i can add or subtract to the x or y number in this case

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    (4, 7) (I think)
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Well, you reflect it through a line in x=1, which means it is a horizontal parallel with the X-ax.

You have another line with coordinates (-2,7). The Y cooridinate stays the same so you only have to look at x. -2 is how far away from 1? Add that number to 1 and you have your answer

6. Lounge   -   #6
    another example i have is Find the image when reflected in line y= -2. The point is 1,4. does this mean that new y number is 4 and keep the x number. im confused...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skweeky@4 April 2004 - 19:09
    Well, you reflect it through a line in x=1, which means it is a horizontal parallel with the X-ax.
    Isn't x=1 a vertical line parallel to the y-axis?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Ah eet ees indeed. (sorry, those Pot Noodle commercials...) Turn it all around then

I'm getting a bit rusty

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skweeky@4 April 2004 - 19:17
    Ah eet ees indeed. (sorry, those Pot Noodle commercials...) Turn it all around then

I'm getting a bit rusty
    Phew! I hate maths

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    WOX's Avatar L.A VAMPIRE HERO
    Originally posted by 4th gen+4 April 2004 - 20:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 4 April 2004 - 20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skweeky@4 April 2004 - 19:17

I&#39;m getting a bit rusty
    Phew&#33; I hate maths [/b][/quote]
    tell me about it the last math test i have was awful for me i didn&#39;t get a lot of things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast